Smashed Sony KD49XE9005BU

Soldato
So i have a smashed screen on this still decent TV.

I've bought a new TV now, but wondering what to do with this one? I'd have a go and replacing the panel if i could find replacement, but ebay etc has none for sale.

Anyone attempted to replace TV panel recently? It looks pretty easy according to youtube, but i cant seem to source a spare part.

cheers

Man of Honour
As long as you have the correct spec of screen, and it's not a massive TV (because the risk of damage increases exponentially with size), then yes, the process is relatively straightforward.

What you have found though is screens are like hen's teeth for larger consumer TVs. It is the most-frequently damaged part, so s/h parts are in incredibly short supply. New screens cost more than the finished TV. It's stupid, I know, but holding spared and moving the fragile items around has costs and that is reflected in the spares price.

As I see it, you have three options. Hold on to the TV as-is and hope you stumble across some telly for sale where the electronics have failed. That's a very slim chance. Or, sell the TV so someone else can do the same. You won't get much for it. Or, strip it for parts. The power supply, circuit boards and pedestal Base all have some value.

Back
Top Bottom