Smiler rollercoaster at Alton Towers - carriage collision

Permabanned
After 10 minutes of going round in circles she asked

"So why are you adding an extra layer of Health and Safety".

"Err, derp, because we've just had an accident"?

Soldato
I get the adrenaline rush because of the forces acting on my body and mind, they're out of the ordinary but I personally don't see them as dangerous

You're deceiving yourself, If that was true you wouldn't get any thrill, just like a pilot who's done it all before, or a fun fair employee who can sleep on the waltzer.

Associate
There seems to be more anger over Kay Burley than what happened to those four seriously hurt, my thoughts are towards them especially the 19 year old girl with serious life changing injuries, terrible thing to happen and Alton Towers really have a lot to answer for.

Associate
There seems to be more anger over Kay Burley than what happened to those four seriously hurt, my thoughts are towards them especially the 19 year old girl with serious life changing injuries, terrible thing to happen and Alton Towers really have a lot to answer for.

Alton Towers do have a lot of questions to answer, but at the minute this seems to be an accident that shouldn't have happened (but obviously did).

The issue with the interview is that the interviewer just couldn't do the job. There are many questions or lines she could have taken to try and find out more about things, but she was simply unable to form her own questions to help the audience learn more.

Caporegime
Has an online petition ever achieved anything? Genuinely curious.

I always see petitions as an outlet for rage and anger that results in nothing but unburdening your self and giving the impression that you are making a stand when in reality no one gives a crap how many signatures they get

Soldato

Probably because Burley went straight in for the kill whereas we don't have any solid information as to what the injuries are or even the cause of the issue which resulted in them.

My outrage at Burley is that she was using their injuries as an excuse to go on her own vendetta. She couldn't give a damn what injuries they had and she wasn't trying to extract any reasons for them - she was just being controversial for the sake of being controversial in order to satisfy her lust for squirming.

Associate

Alton Towers do have a lot of questions to answer, but at the minute this seems to be an accident that shouldn't have happened (but obviously did).

The issue with the interview is that the interviewer just couldn't do the job. There are many questions or lines she could have taken to try and find out more about things, but she was simply unable to form her own questions to help the audience learn more.

Soldato
You're deceiving yourself, If that was true you wouldn't get any thrill, just like a pilot who's done it all before, or a fun fair employee who can sleep on the waltzer.

I go on rides to get those butterflies when you accelerate quickly or go over a crest, not because the fear excites me or whatever.

Man of Honour
I go on rides to get those butterflies when you accelerate quickly or go over a crest, not because the fear excites me or whatever.

Those butterflies are a reaction to your body releasing adrenaline which is part of the fight or flight mechanism part of which is fear, so yes you enjoy the fear or at least the by product of it.

Soldato
Far and away the worst interview I've ever seen. Should be sent back to journalism classes. Congratulations to Nick Varney for keeping calm and professional, I would have been shouting and swearing at that idiot by the end.

The presenter often takes cues from the producer(s) via their earpiece, i.e. pushing certain questions, telling them what to say. So it's difficult to say if it's her or her superiors guiding her to act in this way, probably the latter knowing Murdoch's insatiable desire for sensationalism.

Soldato
Thread derailed a lot because of some retard journalist! :mad:

Let it be! She needs a spit roast with a two or three pronged attack afterwards! :p

I want to know what happened mechanically, I like stuff like that and I know there is pressure sensors, infra-red cameras, soft/hardware error checks etc.

As its all I/O industrial boards used. I bet your bottom dollar they from siemens! :rolleyes:

Its nuts but very interesting and I feel for that poor girl, sounds like she got it bad! :(

Soldato
They say the ride got stuck in the same place 3 times on the same day ? I'm sure the only way to remove the cars from that part of the track if stuck is to unbolt from the track and crane them off but there has been no mention of a crane being used three times that day ?

Back
Top Bottom