smr's Astrophotography

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Delighted to unveil my image of the of Veil Nebula in the constellation Cygnus. I've finally finished processing it after photographing this on Holiday in Norfolk last month. The total exposure time is 3 hours and 20 minutes. This is one of my favourite objects in Deep Space, it's a supernova remnant from a Star which was 20 times more massive than our Sun, and exploded between 10,000 and 20,000 years ago. This part of the remnant is called the Witches' Broom, and below it, Pickering's Triangle. The emissions are made up of Hydrogen, Sulfur and Oxygen and it's 2,400 Light Years from Earth.

Acquisition > Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod - ZWO ASI 2600MC Pro - L-eNhance Dual Narrowband Filter - Altair Starwave 50mm Guidescope - PHD2 Guiding - DSS Stacking - PS Processing - 3h20m x 180 second subs, 50 Darks, 20 Flats, 20 Dark Flats.

Veil.jpg

Soldato
I saw the HH visually many times with a 22" dob. The flame was nice to look at, very bright. The HH wasn't much too look at, like a grey smudge on a darker background.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazing photographs!

I am looking to get into this hobby myself, always had an interest in Astro photography but it never got off the ground. I recently watched a video on the Dwarf 2 and then another video on on building something similar but better https://youtu.be/0JdtL950RjQ

Do you have any recommendations on gear that will produce good results within a reasonable budget say £1500 ish.

Soldato
Amazing photographs!

I am looking to get into this hobby myself, always had an interest in Astro photography but it never got off the ground. I recently watched a video on the Dwarf 2 and then another video on on building something similar but better https://youtu.be/0JdtL950RjQ

Do you have any recommendations on gear that will produce good results within a reasonable budget say £1500 ish.

I have a very similar setup to that video you posted. I will post a pic later.

I also have the eVscope 2 and a mate has the eQuinox. I got the eVscope 2 for a very good price, it's selling for over 3k just now, I managed to get mine for £1800. It gives decent results and is extremely easy to use, the digital eyepiece will show you objects in colour as it uses stacking.

Soldato
I have a very similar setup to that video you posted. I will post a pic later.

I also have the eVscope 2 and a mate has the eQuinox. I got the eVscope 2 for a very good price, it's selling for over 3k just now, I managed to get mine for £1800. It gives decent results and is extremely easy to use, the digital eyepiece will show you objects in colour as it uses stacking.
I would be interested in that. Lots of options!

Associate
I bought a HE3 pro dark frame modified, power supplies, ASI pro and some other kit to use with my DSLR and literally every night since October its been cloudy. Can't get a decent night in Sheffield. Seriously considering just selling it all :(

Back
Top Bottom