'Smug' parent friends

Soldato
Something which has really irritated me lately is a particular set of friends, one couple actually, who are extremely smug about their parenting, I can list some points out that may help with the stereotype;

1) One is a breastfeeding warrior, the type that if you don't breastfeed, you are wrong, and breastfeeds til the kids are about 3, sometimes longer (!)
2) The other, is a dad who does the minimum, you know the type, walks in from work, customary 5 minute sit with the kids, before having dinner served, then the kids taken upstairs by the partner, and put to bed, to which they then watch marathon amounts of TV / Netflix etc etc rinse and repeat daily.

Obviously each to their own, but when they tell you you are 'under the thumb' when you question how they manage to play on their consoles during the day in a weekend with 2 young children around, or how they manage to watch so much tv, and they simply say ' we have a schedule, kids do what they are told' whilst in principle it's a great idea... How many parents can honestly say that would work? Whilst their kids are still young (1 + 5) and both girls (I have boys, maybe they are harder!)I must admit I am really looking forward to when his children decide to not just follow the 'schedule' and raise havoc so I can say 'told you so'

Worse still, said male parent cheated on the other half when the baby was only a few months old for several months :o

Soldato
I wouldn’t watch to associate with some who cheats on their other half (who I assume knows nothing about it) whilst they are actually pregnant.

that’s low - really really low.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn’t watch to associate with some who cheats on their other half (who I assume knows nothing about it) whilst they are actually pregnant.

that’s low - really really low.

They weren't pregnant it was after the newborn, and they did find out, kicked off, said they would do this and that, then not even a few weeks later back to normal and even more 'willing' if you get me! :D

Soldato
1) One is a breastfeeding warrior, the type that if you don't breastfeed, you are wrong, and breastfeeds til the kids are about 3, sometimes longer (!)

I know someone who is still breastfeeding her kid who is now between 6-7. She also actively encourages him to dress in girls clothes and put makeup on. She is IMO pushing him down a path because that is what SHE want's mainly because of her ru pauls drag race addiction.

Absolutely horrific thinking about the confusion that poor kid will face when he hits puberty.

Soldato
I know someone who is still breastfeeding her kid who is now between 6-7. She also actively encourages him to dress in girls clothes and put makeup on. She is IMO pushing him down a path because that is what SHE want's mainly because of her ru pauls drag race addiction.

Absolutely horrific thinking about the confusion that poor kid will face when he hits puberty.

sounds like a job for cps or what ever acronym they are known as now.

Associate

If i knew someone who does that i would have rang social services. That's child abuse.

OP, cheating, already lack of respect. And you can't say you've really succeeded as a parent till the kid/s has/have fully developed and moved out. Is this Facebook? FB is a poor measure of anything. If IRL, yeah,i'd find new friends, a dog, or even a rock in the road should suffice for the time being.

Soldato
My wife tried to breastfeed both our kids, but simply couldn't produce enough milk. We ended up bottle feeding both.

The pressure from the NHS breastapo was unbearable. They would talk down to us forcefully about "breast is best" and had her in tears a few time.

With our second we just decided enough was enough and would shut anyone down quite rudely, nurse or friend, who tried to lecture us on how we were committing a mortal sin with formula. Screw those people... they can take a running jump.

Back
Top Bottom