Snack price up 40% overnight

Associate
It's amazing that every snack I remember when I was about 6 years old has increased in price with the exception of Space Raiders, which to this day, still rock (my corner shop even had 15 packets for 99p, I considered it a bargain, but then I haven't eaten a packet of crisps in ages).

They're still 10p a pack and the same size! If they can do it, why can't Polos (who have broken the 35p barrier, outrageous, they used to be less than 20p!)

I do this great economics course and I'm going to blame it on wages for no reason than I don't believe international and supermarket competition has deflated/capped prices on polos.

The biggest outrage for price changes was when Sainsburys upped the price of their peppers (you know, the non organic ones which give you cancer because that's what the health freaks tell us). Thankfully they relaunched the product as Basics (which snobs seem to shun because they're bigger so hence must be worse). Nevertheless I stopped shopping there at about that time.

Soldato
They're still 10p a pack and the same size! If they can do it, why can't Polos (who have broken the 35p barrier, outrageous, they used to be less than 20p!)
Alternatively, it means that for the last 10 years, they've been ripping everyone off massively :D

I'm more in favour of the idea that they don't actually cost money to make, but fall from the sky like manna from heaven, where they are then collected by trained chimpanzees wearing top hats and then packaged up and delivered to us by trucks pulled by wildebeast.

Back
Top Bottom