Snagging Dispute

Soldato
the fact my conveyancer seems unbothered.
That's because it isn't really their problem. It isn't a new build in the true sense of the word and so the usual contract provisions regarding snagging etc are unlikely to be relevant. If you haven't specified exactly what works needed doing before exchange and completion (sounds like its just been mentioned as "snagging" works?) I don't see what else you can expect.

My advice would be don't waste your conveyancer or their firm's time making a pointless complaint that will take away from time they can spend sorting other people's moves out.

Associate
OP
That was the point of the thread i.e. to make sure my understanding of snagging was correct.

They have agreed to do snagging on legal documents and not done it. My conveyancer has not ensured this has been done I don't see their is a problem here challenging this with a simple letter.

Associate
I guess it is down to how much you value your time vs pursuing a couple of hundred quids worth of snagging jobs. You can send the letter, then what, if they dont do it? It is frustrating, our snagging cost me £500 -£600 to get completed in the end, but I value my sanity and family time far more than chasing some minor works (agreed in writing or not).
Honestly it is time that you will never get back. It will either get done or it wont, but it wont stop you taking possession and moving in.
Move on and enjoy your new home, dont let a pot of polyfilla spoil it.

Soldato
That was the point of the thread i.e. to make sure my understanding of snagging was correct.

They have agreed to do snagging on legal documents and not done it. My conveyancer has not ensured this has been done I don't see their is a problem here challenging this with a simple letter.

To what end? They will likely tell you to jog on.

You should have been more specific and you can’t expect the conveyancer to be checking up on something as minor as this when they have much better things to be doing.

It’s second hand. It’s settled and it’s been rented.

Do what most new owners do, and paint.

I appreciate your frustration but being bloody minded about it will only result in you winding yourself up - for what? Chin up and paint bro - you will probably end up with a better job done anyway

Soldato

What exactly have they agreed to? If they have agreed to "snagging" then as far as I'm aware (bearing in mind it is you who should get further information from the builder about what is included/excluded in "snagging", not your conveyancer) minor shrinkage cracks wouldn't fall under snagging even if you were actually buying it new. In which case they may well have done exactly what they are contractually obligated to do.

Get the caulk and paint out and do what most people buying a 2 year old house would expect to do, some touch ups.

FWIW my dad bought a 1 year old house where the top dog of the developer had been living since it was built. Minor touch ups were not expected to be done as part of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom