Snails and slugs on pavements

Soldato
They're active at night because the air is moist and theres no sun to dry them out. Also most predators can't see them. If you have a lot of plants and a lot of slugs you can hear them munching if its quiet enough. Best time to catch them if you're into direct action on removing them rather than bait

I may have to start sending them to a farm, just like all the sweet little lily beetles that murder my lilies. Either way, all my hoiking is most definitely done wearing gloves.
Hose 'em off is the easiest way I find for the disgusting black grubs at anyrate if you're trying to catch adults put a piece of paper or card underneath then tap the plant and wait for them to fall off and dispose as appropriate

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry to hear about your Mum.

They have to use the pavements because they don’t pay road tax or insurance so can’t use the roads.

Associate
When I was a kid we use to catch snail to eat, had a whole plastic bag filled to the top. Without knowing better left it on the balcony of our flat waiting for my parents to come home.
Let's just say entire outside of the building became snail playground :o

Soldato
They're active at night because the air is moist and theres no sun to dry them out. Also most predators can't see them. If you have a lot of plants and a lot of slugs you can hear them munching if its quiet enough. Best time to catch them if you're into direct action on removing them rather than bait

I went out at around midnight last week and picked up around 150 of them in my garden and took them to a field down the road..

I can't put down slug pellets as i have a dog and there meant to be really bad for dogs ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom