US: Sneaky Pete

Associate
Well, I've had a look and couldn't find a thread on it.

Sneaky Pete (TV Series 2015- ) - IMDb

A con man (Giovanni Ribisi) on the run from a vicious gangster takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, "reuniting" with Pete's estranged family, a colorful, dysfunctional group that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he's trying to escape - and, just maybe, give him a taste of the loving family he's never had.

Staring Giovanni Ribisi, Marin Ireland, Bryan Cranston

6WVsSmT.jpg

Admittedly I have only seen the first 3 episodes, but very much liking it so far and hope it's yet another offering from Amazon that I enjoy as much as I did StartUp.

Certainly one to have a look at.

Caporegime
I like it. With the likes of Vikings, Bosch, TGT, this and many others, for me, Amazon is starting to outpace Netflix in TV originals. But Netflix do have BCS, which is a saving grace.

Last edited:
Soldato
On to Episode 6, I'm enjoying it, but it's not amazing. Friend said second series should be a good un as all the set up has happened for it.

Associate
OP
Finished it a couple of days ago and very much enjoyed the whole series.

Certainly left wide open for the second season to be as good, if not better then the first. Should they go ahead with one, that is.

I did think to myself as the credits rolled up at the end of Episode 10, that I'd just watched a 10 Episode version of the Hustle, albeit much better? :D

The only thing missing was Kelly Adams :p

Associate
Watched the first five episodes in a row with the Mrs. Both of us really enjoyed it.

Shame season 2 isn't due until next year.

Soldato
Binged the whole lot when I was ill a week or so ago - really enjoyed it. Good actors involved and like to see Giovanni Ribisi on the small screen (enjoyed his roles in Gone in 60 Seconds and Saving Private Ryan).

Will be interesting to see what they do with series 2 and hope they can keep the same momentum. Reminded me of the film 'Catch me if you can' which I've always loved that concept of having the bottle to step into a role and pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom