SNES info

Soldato
I got a SNES last week. How do you clear save games on things like Mario Kart? I have now cleaned some of my games on the connections with aftershave and they work better.

The connections need cleaning on the actual console somehow (or replacing) but games fire up most times, with the black screen or messed up image only a few times. (All part of the retro fun i suppose! Like the fatal error message on my Amiga, i seemed to see that more than games :rolleyes:)

Soldato
Hi there mate; Im not sure if you can on most, bar opening up the carts; removing the battery and after 10 mins or so putting it back in.

I tend to find with my snes, blowing into the connector, then seating the cartridge firmly tends to help; unfortunately due to the age; most of them are A) slightly corroded/dirty and B) the cartridge lock isnt as firm and stable as it once was. I'd also be careful on replacing the connector; I tried this on one of mine, and unfortunately the only replacement connectors I could find were for NTSC machines, I did order one to see if I could use it; but unfortunately seems not; its a completely different connection to ours which, IIRC are soldered onto the mobo.

Man of Honour
The games are stored on a battery but you should be able to qipe things like saved data ingame.

You can change the batteries if they expire, which they will do.

Back
Top Bottom