Snooker Shootout 2017

Man of Honour
anybody watched any of this?
i used to watch Snooker years ago when the likes of Steve Davis and Jimmy White were at the top of their game,
but i got bored of watching it, its just too slow paced for me,
but this new format is a disgrace, theres no way this should be a ranking tournament,
attention seeking unranked players acting up for the camera, a crowd more boisterous than a darts match... wtf?
if i was a top ranked player id refuse to take part in this

Soldato
It's a ranking event?

What's Barry Hearn and World Snooker going to do next; have a trick shot event for ranking points? or how about; ranking points for those who dance to their walk on music?

I suppose it was inevitable, that once Hearn got control, at some point snooker events would up the razzmatazz and end up being more like a darts event.

Associate
It's not snooker but I've enjoyed some of the matches.
Nice to watch for half an hour.

That beeping is very annoying, they need to come up with something better.

Its also good to get to know some of the new players who I wouldn't normally see on tv.

Associate
I actually quite like the format, for a change; the pace makes it a different game to watch.

The crowd, however, is indescribably tedious. It's all gone a bit Mosconi Cup; which, again, is a fun watch ruined by the noise.

Soldato
I enjoyed watching it last night, but you have to watch it in a different frame (huehue) of mind to normal snooker. First time I put it on I gave it 5 mins and turned off but watched quarters, semi and final last night and it was good. Shouldn't be ranking though.

Back
Top Bottom