Snow Sports 2016/17

Associate
What's everyone's plans for the upcoming season?

Also looking for suggestions for March 2017, thought about Val Thorens. Group of 8 of us, mixed abilities skiers and boarders. So far I've done Tignes twice and St Anton last year. Loved both.

Associate
OP
I absolutely love the 3 Valleys. The ski area is tremendous and the villages are all pretty well set out. The only problem is actually getting there as the transfers are a couple of hours from either Lyon or Chambery.

Meribel is my favourite of all 3 simply because it's in the middle so great access to everything and the Apres ski is the best. Although Val Thorens is a very close second!

http://alpineethos.co.uk/meribel_chalets.html

Can't recommend this company highly enough. We've stayed in some absolute horror shows in the French Alps over the years, but these guys were awesome. Really couldn't do enough to help us.

Cheers for the info. Do you normally book everything seperately and organise transfers yourself? I'm really struggling to find direct flights from Glasgow / Edinburgh. Plenty of flights available when I look at package deals though.

Associate
OP
We've been staying in Meribel with the full 3V pass and it's been awesome so far. Lots of snow Sunday Monday Tuesday but vis has still been good with some very clear mornings, tended to close in a bit in the afternoon but still enjoyable with all the fresh snow to jump about in. Today was pretty much blue sky and sunshine all day and the same is forecast for tomorrow. As a boarder the powder has been immense.

Back
Top Bottom