• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, 19th March GDC Nvidia Key Note

Soldato
Still might sell off my 1080Ti, i got lazy with that ebay fees promotion last time.. My 980Ti still handles the stuff i play fine at 1440p. Hardly any new games out at the moment that i really want to play.

Still interested in seeing the new cards though, pricing..? That's going to be fun the way things are currently.

Man of Honour
Quickly losing enthusiasm - I've got a fair bit of money saved away for a new build once 8 core 16 thread Intel CPUs are a little more reasonably priced but I'm loath to basically throw a bunch of money away on top of the GPU price because of mining :s

Soldato
After what retailers are charging I'm going direct to Nvidia like I did with the Titan Xp SW Edition, Sorry but not spending £900-£1000 for a 2080 which I'm assuming will be priced at around £650 straight from Nvidia.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I might consider the xx70, hopefully they'll sell it for around £400 ish direct, unless OcUK does a deal like they did last time for Vega. Does anyone remember how much the 1070 came out for before all the mining?

Man of Honour
I might consider the xx70, hopefully they'll sell it for around £400 ish direct, unless OcUK does a deal like they did last time for Vega. Does anyone remember how much the 1070 came out for before all the mining?

Can't remember exactly but models were mostly £380 to £415 at or around launch.

£380 should have been the max for an all singing/dancing AIB model never mind the current prices.

Soldato
If the launch the Titan again direct for £1100 I’ll have one again. Current you pricing makes my Titan xp look a good buy now

It doesn't though, does it? You're still paying through the nose for a couple of unlocked SMs. That and it's EOL shortly, it's not really a good buy at all.

New cards are imminent, I'd expect the current market to reflect the launch price slightly, unfortunately.

Soldato
Good luck buying one of these at launch, even if they do 'only' cost MSRP, the pent up demand from gamers now not buying GPU's and waiting for new ones, will be enormous.

Willing to bet most people won't be able to get near new cards until late Q3 or early Q4.

Soldato
Something tells me that nvidia might ending up profiting biiig time with the next release and i mean bigger than what they have already done this time around with pascal, if the mining craziness continues. How? by directly selling a ton more of their reference..*cough* sorry founders editions cards directly from their own webshop at MSRP. They already have the foundation for it set up and the only thing holding them back would be actually producing the volumes needed. This is not btw an attempt to make nvidia look bad just a curious thought i had.

Soldato
I expect the very top tier card (Titan but might be named otherwise) to be announced, priced around £1200.

The x70/x80 cards will release at around £450/£550 and the x70 will be on a par with 1080ti performance with the x80 around 25% more again. This will leave room for the x80ti later in the year, after all the early adopter cash is hoovered up.

Prices will not be an issue as stock levels will be high, but that may not last depending on the Cryptocurrency situation... And for this reason, I may pick up a cheap EVGA card just before this is all announced and start a step up straight away.

Back
Top Bottom