• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So How Powerful Is The iGPU In The 7800X3D?

They exist to:

- provide a basic image on the screen, video playback and enable browsing.
- get sales from commercial customers who never buy discrete gpus

At low resolutions or extreme low game requirements you can play games with no guarantee of it being a good experience.

Speed-wise 2CU is always going to be slow.
But feature-wise it brings pretty much everything: all the encoders and decoders including AV1, DisplayPort 2.0, able to drive 4 X 4k@60Hz, etc.
Anandtech's summary was quite good:
Immensely important for OEM sales, handy for DIY'ers who need to diagnose something or don't require a dGPU. Probably like with Intel cups with iGPU also handy for driving secondary monitors and keeping the main dGPU's idle power usage down (more important for Radeon especially the 7000 chiplet design, but Nvidia too will use more power even driving multiple monitors).

In other words, Zen 4 having iGPU is nice, often handy, bit don't expect to game on it!

Last edited:
The previous 8 and 11 CU integrated graphics in the 3xxx/5xxx APUs were somewhere around Nvidia GT1030 level (and on par with Intel UHD Graphics 770 from Alder-lake). The 7xxx only having 2 CUs (although based on RDNA2 rather than VEGA) in most cases is quite a bit worse.

Some decent benchmarking here:

There is a mobile Ryzen 9 7940HS with a Radeon 780M iGPU. Looks like it gives very good 1080p performance:

That iGPU available in a desktop CPU would be great for those looking to build a low power gaming rig.

There is a mobile Ryzen 9 7940HS with a Radeon 780M iGPU. Looks like it gives very good 1080p performance:

That iGPU available in a desktop CPU would be great for those looking to build a low power gaming rig.

Yup this GPU is what is powering most of the handheld PCs (ROG Ally etc ) right now, it is very good.

It is still an iGPU thought so your expectation should be suitably low :)

Quite a few MiniPCs have it also like Beelink GT7 Pro and minisforum UM790 Pro

It can certainly play Crysis :p

The previous 8 and 11 CU integrated graphics in the 3xxx/5xxx APUs were somewhere around Nvidia GT1030 level (and on par with Intel UHD Graphics 770 from Alder-lake). The 7xxx only having 2 CUs (although based on RDNA2 rather than VEGA) in most cases is quite a bit worse.

Some decent benchmarking here:
Equal to a 12900K iGPU, that's better than i expected, its not total junk, junk but not total junk.

Last edited:
Does the IGPU in the 7xxx series respond well to overclocking as the IGPU in my old 12600K and now 13600K can be easily stable at 1900mhz from I think 1350mhz base. I cant find the vid of the benchmarks no more on it. :mad:

These aren't bad for retro gaming. Things from the 00s run ok. But even Skyrim is going to struggle most likely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom