So I can build computers..

Soldato
I would say building a bog standard system is unskilled, but building £20k Worth of water-cooled system overclocked to the eyeballs and multi raid cards install is fairly skilled.

4p

4p

Soldato
OP
You're in Salford ;)

G|mp <3's 4p.

Haha.

I've built computers for friends and family over the years. But at Uni there is honestly no market for PC building. It's ALL laptops as I'm sure most of you know. Housemates laptop HD failed and he went to a local shop. £120 to replace it wowwwwww

Soldato
I would say building a bog standard system is unskilled, but building £20k Worth of water-cooled system overclocked to the eyeballs and multi raid cards install is fairly skilled.

No, its still unskilled work.

If you were a network engineer or such with qualifications to match, you would be skilled.

Soldato
No, its still unskilled work.

If you were a network engineer or such with qualifications to match, you would be skilled.

well.. He was right in the view that a water cooled system is skilled. You need to know how it all fits together and make it look nice, But tbh its more artistic.

Caporegime
since you don't live in china a career building computers for some named brand is likely out of the question (and you prob wouldn't enjoy it much)

Why not get a job at some ocuk type place? Or perhaps even the purple shirt place... even if you're not assembling them at least you know a bit about them and can try selling them etc... some sales experience could be useful to you in future.

Soldato
well.. He was right in the view that a water cooled system is skilled. You need to know how it all fits together and make it look nice, But tbh its more artistic.

You aren't understanding the definition of what a 'Skilled Worker' is. Assembling a computer is not skilled work, there is no point trying to argue otherwise, sorry.

Soldato
Who builds a 20K system on these forums ? ;)

I have and so has Rjk on these forums.

I am qualified in electronics engineering & digital systems.

But I'm in construction atm, so those mean squat.

Also I have seen you so called master pc builders work first hand and 9 times out 10 you either bend your pins or turn it into a rats nest ;) :D

Last edited:
Associate
just reading the OP's line about currys makes it pointless to read further, sorry but even hinting at the idea of them building em in house is bad.

Back
Top Bottom