So I dug out my A1200

Soldato
OP
It was in a transparent cover that went over the whole top of the Amiga. Was stored in an outhouse that allowed light in through a roof panel so must be why.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I don’t want to talk to 30k people, it’s mostly people moaning about people doing things wrong (or the Amiga in stranger things not having a mouse plugged into the side) ime - but it’s good there are options

Associate
I absolutely adored the Amiga, my favourite system ever! I always wanted an Amiga 1000 from when I first saw them but I was never going to be able to afford it so was happy when the A500 was released. I eventually bought one and loved it from the start, so many cool games and loved its music ability with tools such as OctoMed (I think?) and tinkering with Deluxe Paint. Such happy days. I then upgraded to the 1200 and even purchased the CD drive for it as well as other upgrades, it really was such a fantasic machine. My biggest regret was selling all my Amiga kit, never shoud have done it but I always wanted to move on to the latest new shiny tech and the PC was tempting me with games like doom and Wing Commander etc.

Anyway enjoy it, and I hope it does boot up for you!

Soldato
Things to always look out for with these:

1. Inspect the motherboard! If your 1200 still has its RF shield it means removing it. The smt capacitors on these machines leak, they can eat/damage cicruit traces.
There are some amazing people out in retroland who can repair and upgrade all sorts, so if you care unable to do it yourself! there is somebody who can :)

2. Inspect the psu. If the psu has RIFER power filter caps, they can let go without warning. They tend to just pop, let out magic smoke and make the whole place stink. The good part is they can be replaced and afaik cause no damage.

There is lots of debate revolving around Retrobriting. It works and the results can be amazing! but it does not last!

I love these machines. the holy grail for me is the A1000 and is the one amiga I have never owned.

Back
Top Bottom