• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

so.. i just pre-orderd the BFG 512mb 7800 and they bring out the 1900XT? umm help.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

RD580 is a lot faster than the RD480 boards with the ATI SB450 southbridge. However RD580 is only slightly quickers than the Asus and MSI boards equipped with the ULI southbridge. In fact I believe OcUK is exclusive Etailor on the MSI RD480 Neo board as ATI took all the other stock for their own systems. Also the pricing of the Asus and MSI Crossfire boards is extremely aggressive.

So RD580 boards will only offer a small performance boost over the ULI southbridge equipped motherboards (Asus & MSI) but RD580 does have a better feature array. :)

Thas what I was thinking .. apart from the dual 16xPCI-E ... what other features does the 580 have over the 480/Uli boards then Gibbo ?

OcUK Staff
Vogon said:
Thas what I was thinking .. apart from the dual 16xPCI-E ... what other features does the 580 have over the 480/Uli boards then Gibbo ?

Improved SATA-2 been a major thing plus some other features along with Dual Lane X16 slots and some tweaks. Overall they will be an overclockers dream as they should overclock very easily past 300FSB. :)

Soldato
Thanks for that Gibbo :)
I ain't too worried about improving SATA2 or the dual x16, and those Asus 480/Uli boards don't seem to have problems getting 300FSB from what I have seen, so I was thinking of getting one of those :)
But it looks like you will be out of X18 Xfires by the time I get paid, so bang goes that plan :o

S_D

S_D

Associate
Gibbo said:
Improved SATA-2 been a major thing plus some other features along with Dual Lane X16 slots and some tweaks. Overall they will be an overclockers dream as they should overclock very easily past 300FSB. :)

And the rest! The RD580 chipset is already compatible with AM2 and it's 333Mhz CPU Bus, so expect muchos overclocking on 200Mhz socket 939 installations. :)

Simon.

Back
Top Bottom