So it begins.

Permabanned
Man City set for new investment

Manchester City's board have admitted they are seeking investment
Manchester City could be the next Premiership club to be the subject of a multi-million pound takeover.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6384039.stm

We are going to end up with 18 teams owned by American business men, it needs to stop or the Premiership will become a league of filthy rich clubs, the Premiership is at bursting point with foreign players and wages, I hope fans go to lower leagues and watch true english football. Whos next, which chairman wants out?

Bring back the 90s.

/my rant

Soldato
cheets64 said:
We are going to end up with 18 teams owned by American business men, it needs to stop or the Premiership will become a league of filthy rich clubs, the Premiership is at bursting point with foreign players and wages, I hope fans go to lower leagues and watch true english football. Whos next, which chairman wants out?

Bring back the 90s.

/my rant

The EPL is already a league as you described, it's just taking some of you a while to wake up that it's too late to stop it.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
These guys can see the money to be made in the EPL, the relegated club is soon to get £30M (not to mention considerable parachute payments) for being relegated! It's madness. It doesn't take a genius to work out how to make money out of these clubs. The wishes of the fans are irrelevant to these people.

Permabanned
Welcome to capitalism :(

We need a cap on foreign players, in the academies and first team, this is the only way the british players will come through,look at the amount of Scots liverpool had in their heyday, top clubs should look for homegrown players imo.

Associate
wohoo said:
We need a cap on foreign players, in the academies and first team, this is the only way the british players will come through,look at the amount of Scots liverpool had in their heyday, top clubs should look for homegrown players imo.

Good point, look at Italy; won the world cup and they have restrictions on number of foreign players (Non-EU) in the squad. Could be good for us.

Back
Top Bottom