• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So Sick of the GPU situation

Soldato
If you can get GPU's from Ebay and then return them for a full refund at any point up to 6 months, then your investment is £0, it means instant returns

hopefully the scalpers learn a difficult lesson
How are you able to return a purchase after 6 month. Genuine question as I thought the return period is only 35day from point of purchase or delivered date.

Soldato
How are you able to return a purchase after 6 month. Genuine question as I thought the return period is only 35day from point of purchase or delivered date.

PayPal allow you to raise a dispute up to 6 months. I have used this myself as I bought an amp that said it had 2 years warranty and it failed after about 4 months and after a month of being ignored I raised a dispute. PayPal emailed me a returns label and a couple of weeks later issued my refund.

Not after 6 months, it's up to.

But, PayPal will always side with a buyer, so even if it's not faulty, but you say it is, you'll still get the returns label and the refund. I've been on the sellers side of this and don't accept PayPal anymore due to this, only cash on collection (or bank transfer/gift if I sell on the members market here)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Heh I remember the days after the crash in 2018 where you could pick up a 570x for £60-70. Be nice if I can pick a 3070 at that price in a few month won’t it :)

? The best case is they go back to normal rrp prices and then used prices reflect that (ie they are a bit cheaper than RRP).

You wont be getting a 3070 for £60 anytime soon :p

Soldato
PayPal allow you to raise a dispute up to 6 months. I have used this myself as I bought an amp that said it had 2 years warranty and it failed after about 4 months and after a month of being ignored I raised a dispute. PayPal emailed me a returns label and a couple of weeks later issued my refund.

Not after 6 months, it's up to.

But, PayPal will always side with a buyer, so even if it's not faulty, but you say it is, you'll still get the returns label and the refund. I've been on the sellers side of this and don't accept PayPal anymore due to this, only cash on collection (or bank transfer/gift if I sell on the members market here)
interesting...not aware paypal has a 6month grace period

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
thats really put me off from selling anything on ebay through paypal now

ebay has recently asked me to put my bank information in there. tempted now to bypass paypal entirely. but i really dont like the way Ebay has setup the new dispute system...if someone raise a dispute, ebay raids your bank account for the money to cover themselves regardless the outcome.

Ebay and Paypal were the same company so their terms are basically the same, but now separate, if anything ebay's terms are now worse than paypal's.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ebay and Paypal were the same company so their terms are basically the same, but now separate, if anything ebay's terms are now worse than paypal's.
sounds like FB all the way then

for me i sell a lot of low value second hand stuff especially baby stuff as our youngest of the two boys is now growing out of all the baby stuff. so i guess there is no harm in listing on ebay.

otherwise for anything like high value items, watches, jewelry etc no way jose...

thanks brother. didnt know about the paypal thing at all.

Back
Top Bottom