So who's running the SETI CUDA client then?

Associate
I am running the Lunatics CUDA app on a BFG OC2 285GTX (rock solid) along side their optimised AMD SSE app. The odd 12 error from the CUDA app, apparently caused by a bug in the original nvidia supplied source code - so nothing to worry about there. Using the re-branding tool (also from the lunatics forums), which is brilliant at shifting VLARs and VHARs to the CPU (it lacks elegance, but is entirely functional as a tool). The biggest issue I found was figuring out how to keep my cache at a decent level without robbing the CPU pile via the re-branding app. It turned out to be very simple in the end - I just didn't read the FAQ carefully enough:rolleyes:

Associate
Yes - Shand Stewart

Been using this since its release without any major incident. Had a couple of work units return as an error or invalid but for the most part it seems to run just aw well as the main client.............

Associate
You can add me to the list im currently only running seti on gpu, ive got 3x8800gts 512's 2xgts250's a gtx260 216 and a 8800gt.Thanks

Seti name Ba

Soldato
Me too on a GTX460.

I've also nabbed a few 8800's recently and am slowly getting around to getting them into rigs. Now the first one I've tried (8800GTX) is not seen by the client (6.10.58, Boinc Manager reports 'No useable GPU's found'). Card drivers are 8.17.12.5896.

Now the 460 worked straight out of the box, am I missing something fundamental to getting the 8800GTX running?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom