Software to Install Drivers etc.

Associate
Hi guys,

I have recently upgraded my pc and moved my old SSD into the new build.

I was wondering if there was a single software that would scan my hardware and download drivers accordingly?

and is there a software that will uninstall obsolete drivers?

Thanks!

Associate
If it's Windows 10 it does a very good job of getting drivers so just run Windows update. If there's anything missing, as above, get them from the manufacturers site.

Associate
If it's Windows 10 it does a very good job of getting drivers so just run Windows update. If there's anything missing, as above, get them from the manufacturers site.

As unworthybean said windows 10 will get most drivers on Windows Update. Use your motherboard driver CD has all you need.

Associate
I just download the latest chipset and GPU drivers to manually install right after windows has done installing. Then let windows update do the rest for network, sound etc.

But make sure the windows install media is the latest version available.

Soldato
As stated already, don't use tools that claim to do this, you only need to do it once when you first setup the system, and seldomly later when it's called for.

If you're installing Win 10 it will more than likely do most of the work for you anyway.

Soldato
As above, W10 has been really good finding drivers automatically. The only ones I do manually is chipset and graphics, but everything else has been find with the default W10 ones.

I have used Snappy Driver Installer Origin but that was only for really old XP machines at work where finding drivers is really hard.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the above, I found it was just easier for me to install the drivers myself and also let windows update things.

Caporegime
windows 10 auto installs most.
in device manager if you have unrecognized hardware right click them and look for the device ID, google that ID and you should find out what it is that needs a driver.

Associate
Get graphics drivers directly, and use snappy driver installer origin for the rest (as long as all they have all the devices in their database) and don't bother relying on generic windoze drivers as I've found them to not be as stable on some systems as manufacturer provided drivers.

Soldato
Let Windows do its thing apart from grfx drivers imo (though I let Windows install grfx drivers too on my laptop and its fine). I tried one of those programs at the beginning of the year after a recommendation on here, it found plenty of newer drivers but I had BSOD's after! avoid.

Back
Top Bottom