Solar panel production figures

A lot of people have said how bad the last 6mths have been for solar compared to their recorded previous years. But im on 33kwhs shy of 3.2mwhs for the year on a 3.2kw system. Yes i did fit some more panels at the end of october, but they have produced less than 150kwhs since fitted.

i wonder what could have been if the solar year was better for us all…..onwards to 2024 Sponges and i hope you had a wonderful xmas day.

A lot of people have said how bad the last 6mths have been for solar compared to their recorded previous years. But im on 33kwhs shy of 3.2mwhs for the year on a 3.2kw system. Yes i did fit some more panels at the end of october, but they have produced less than 150kwhs since fitted.

i wonder what could have been if the solar year was better for us all…..onwards to 2024 Sponges and i hope you had a wonderful xmas day.
Sounds about right to me. I have 4.8kW of south-east facing panels which were installed 26th January and have done nearly 4600kWh so far. Its better than the whole year forecast from PVGIS (4440kWh) and the installer (3990kWh). I don't think it's been a bad year really, it's just felt poor at times.

Yep, onwards and upwards now. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Edit….im also using it to export @ 15p energy I’ve paid 7.5p for. :)

I would not bother to do this.

You'll get losses on importing, and same again on export. The difference of 7.5p/kWh is probably not enough to make it worth doing, as it will also eat your battery charge cycle life a bit as well, so a hidden cost.

It's absolutely worth doing to import cheap energy to store at 7.5p/kWh instead of using peak grid price of 30p/kWh, but importing to export, I would not recommend.

Back
Top Bottom