Solar panel production figures

Seems if my battery SOC is below 100%, my inverter will show higher peaks of generation.
Until today, the highest peak I'd seen was just over 5.4kW, but this morning, while the battery was being charged from the panels, I briefly saw 6.451kW :)

I'm tempted to try turning off charging overnight completely.
At the moment I have it set to 80% and overnight it was still 80% at 2:30am and just maintained the level until 5am (octopus flux), using about 1.1kW from the grid.

{edit} I've lowered it, but left it at 66%, just in case.

Last edited:
Better day 31.20Kwh made and only exported 10.40Kwh 4 loads of wishing and tumble dryer running took its toll on the export.
But I got hot water and full battery's as well so who's going to moan about that.
Today took the house system over the estimate 800Kwh for the month so the weather cant of been as bad as I was thinking it was I was short by over 100Kwh on last month so its nice to see it near the mark this month. But I think it could have been a lot better with next month forecasted 900Kwh we need some long sunny days.

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

Seems if my battery SOC is below 100%, my inverter will show higher peaks of generation.
Until today, the highest peak I'd seen was just over 5.4kW, but this morning, while the battery was being charged from the panels, I briefly saw 6.451kW :)

I'm tempted to try turning off charging overnight completely.
At the moment I have it set to 80% and overnight it was still 80% at 2:30am and just maintained the level until 5am (octopus flux), using about 1.1kW from the grid.

{edit} I've lowered it, but left it at 66%, just in case.
It can make a big difference to your daily generation

Back
Top Bottom