Solar panel production figures

So DNO has got back to me and the max i can export is 4.6kw on my network…….so whats my options guys, do i wait and get another year so i can get the 15.5kwh fogstar battery and inverter. Or get the hybrid inverter now, what size should i get?? And get the battery at a later date..

So

Wait, get hybrid and battery in 12mths???
Fit 5kwh inverter, limit export and start producing the larger amount asap ( earliest would be feb )???

So DNO has got back to me and the max i can export is 4.6kw on my network…….so whats my options guys, do i wait and get another year so i can get the 15.5kwh fogstar battery and inverter. Or get the hybrid inverter now, what size should i get?? And get the battery at a later date..

So

Wait, get hybrid and battery in 12mths???
Fit 5kwh inverter, limit export and start producing the larger amount asap ( earliest would be feb )???

Do the DNO have approved inverters or what's the feedback they gave you when it comes to limiting the export?

I am in a similar long term position where its very rural so I cant see them letting me export a lot (single phase line, looks like a 16kVA transformer on the pole), I am the only guy on the line with solar though. My next move would be the battery and hybrid inverter for sure.

Do the DNO have approved inverters or what's the feedback they gave you when it comes to limiting the export?

I am in a similar long term position where its very rural so I cant see them letting me export a lot (single phase line, looks like a 16kVA transformer on the pole), I am the only guy on the line with solar though. My next move would be the battery and hybrid inverter for sure.
I have to submit a g100 now…… but yes the inverter i want to fit is on their approved list.

I have enailed them to confirm that my inverter is ok to fit and limit the export, just awaiting a reply now

@Welshman , battery will save you a lot over the winter if you're on a cheap rate tariff like GO.
The same battery spec as Fogstars you can make for 1500-1600 in the same sort of case.

Batteries are coming down in price quickly, the Eve 280k, £179.99 a year ago is now @£79,99.

I wont be making my own battery, would prefer a bought option
I'm not sure they delver them as built, probably part built with the cells separate, with the BMS already configured.

Not hard at all now to build them with the battery boxes available.

Battery option means anything above your solar power production, that you have to use from the grid can be on the cheapest rate.(godsend in the Winter)

I'm not sure they delver them as built, probably part built with the cells separate, with the BMS already configured.

Not hard at all now to build them with the battery boxes available.

Battery option means anything above your solar power production, that you have to use from the grid can be on the cheapest rate.(godsend in the Winter)
Isnt this already built

Isnt this already built

You'd have to phone them to make sure it is fully built, complete ready to use, the issue is the weight to move about as they are not very steady when being moved.(look how close the wheels are with 150kg stacked up)

Isnt this already built

You'd have to phone them to make sure it is fully built, complete ready to use, the issue is the weight to move about as they are not very steady when being moved.(look how close the wheels are with 150kg stacked up)
My neighbour has one, its fully built. You just connect the cables and its good to go.

Back
Top Bottom