SolarEdge: 11.5 kWh
Garage: 9.68 kWh
North west roof: 7.73 kWh
House rear wall: 4.5 kWh
Peak power was 10.20 kW at 13:50

Total generated today: 33.41 kWh
Total exported today: 34.788 kWh
Total imported today: 24.262kWh
80 amps protects the cables. Are they only 16mm at the meter position?
It could be that, 25mm tails are required for a 100A supply, 80A fuse will not blow if 80A is exceeded briefly, it takes quite a while for the main fuse to blow, or a substantial short circuit current to blow instantly. In fact an 80A fuse can supply 100A for up to four hours (time chart in below document).

The above document also implies they won't fit 100A fuses anymore, but I've never seen that mentioned anywhere else.

SSEN also informed me they wouldn't fit 100A fuses any more when I asked (but would fit 80A). The fuse that they installed is marked as 100A though so....

25.4 generated today, 14.2 exported. Still some margin above target pro-rata for now...

80 amps protects the cables. Are they only 16mm at the meter position?
Yep, the tails were 16mm, now upgraded to 25mm. Current fuse is 80A. I'm hoping Northern just say it's fine as they won't fit 100A anymore.

The issue is we have two 8kW electric showers and two 3kW ovens so in theory could easily max it out for long periods if we wished even without a charger. In reality we'll never exceed about 12-15kW.

Ironically I have no export limit though.

(Apologies for being off topic).

Back
Top Bottom