Solar panel production figures

25.8kWh 29.2kWh so far today, still at 3.93kw 2.74kWh generation. Not bad for an East facing roof.

edit - it's days like today that makes we want to add panels to the front of the house and/or upgrade our inverter.

edit edit - Readings from the SolarEdge Inverter are more favourable than the GivEnergy BMS. :D

Last edited:
Associate
25.8kWh so far today, still at 3.93kw generation. Not bad for an East facing roof.

edit - it's days like today that makes we want to add panels to the front of the house and/or upgrade our inverter.
Now I've just finished renewing a flat roof extension ( although North Facing) I've seen a strip that remains in sunlight all day from probably early April to end of September -another 5 panel potential! :D

Now I've just finished renewing a flat roof extension ( although North Facing) I've seen a strip that remains in sunlight all day from probably early April to end of September -another 5 panel potential! :D

Do it, do it, do it. :D

I reckon I can get another 5 panels on the front, which would get sun from 2pm to sun down. Enough to run the immersion and keep the battery topped up through the cooking hour. Got space on the inverter for a second string, and they don't need to be balanced so would be easy to add.

Just the time to get a quote, then wait for the install date, scaffolding, blah blah. I'd happily entertain doing it myself, but the wife would not let me up a ladder/get on the roof lest I Rod Hull myself. :(

Soldato

I reckon I can get another 5 panels on the front, which would get sun from 2pm to sun down. Enough to run the immersion and keep the battery topped up through the cooking hour. Got space on the inverter for a second string, and they don't need to be balanced so would be easy to add.

Just the time to get a quote, then wait for the install date, scaffolding, blah blah. I'd happily entertain doing it myself, but the wife would not let me up a ladder/get on the roof lest I Rod Hull myself. :(
I did my own extra 4 panel string to max out inverter, but i built it on a ground mount in the back garden. Will soon be on a purpose built shed.

Soldato
Not a bad month so far, 630 total generation, don't really monitor so much like I did with the current IO and outgoing rates. Hopefully start pushing up above 35 more regularly. 31.5 generated so far today and looks to be cloudless sky for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Associate
I did my own extra 4 panel string to max out inverter, but i built it on a ground mount in the back garden. Will soon be on a purpose built shed.
yes do it! :D

Ordered! - I've already added 16 panels to the original installation :D

Soldato
OP
Having a great battle with the gaff today. Their system (apologies if you're here and I've not tagged you) starts generating strong almost instantly in the day. Nice. :)
The Gaff doesn't count, it doesn't report generation properly, only time it's not 'generating' is when the batteries are charged overnight.

Basically any power discharged from the battery is reported as generation, thus it's totally inaccurate.

You've been lucky with the weather today, there's a clear corridor going up country, with clouds either side of it.

Last edited:
Associate
The Gaff doesn't count, it doesn't report generation properly, only time it's not 'generating' is when the batteries are charged overnight.

Basically any power discharged from the battery is reported as generation, thus it's totally inaccurate.

You've been lucky with the weather today, there's a clear corridor going up country, with clouds either side of it.

Ahh cool, that explains the graphs.

I've jinx'd myself and caused a dip in generation. Hopefully I can have a strong late afternoon.

Last edited:
Soldato
21.2kWh so far today.
This month, 420kWh, might get a couple more on it by the end of the day, but its clouding over now.
Not quite as good as last April, made 432kWh

For reference - 4kW system

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom