Solar panel production figures

Associate
Had a bit of sun start of the day but the clouds covered it for the rest but made it to 20.40Kwh really want some sunny days and double what I'm making now

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From what little information I could find earlier I think they are using very similar prismatic cells to what I am, certainly the system voltage is the same, so quite possible that the cycles will be similar, I would say 15 is closer than 20, but that also depends on what percentage capacity remaining they are working to, 70% or 80%, and in the document I found earlier it was 70%, whereas my cells are 6000 cycles and 80% remaining, so 70% would obviously be more cycles.

Another interesting thing I found is they say 100% DOD for 9.5 gen battery, but they are not using the full voltage range, it is down to a cell voltage of 2.81v and upto 3.62v. LifoPo4 has a cell voltage of 2.5 to 3.65v*, but there's very little power below 3v and above 3.5v as the voltage drops /climbs very rapidly. They are using a wider voltage than most people do though. So the battery actually has more capacity than 9.5kWh. Obviously this better than the way other manufacturers spec it.

Although I have 29kWh of storage, I also don't use the full voltage range, so won't get the full 29kWh.

*these extremes of voltages might be why they have SOC issues, invidual cell voltages drop and climb very quickly at these extremes, and the BMS may well kick in to stop it dropping too low or climbing too high.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom