Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Mine behaved oddly until I selected Eco and then it just worked as I expected, exporting any excess once the battery was either fully charged or solar was generating more than it could put into the battery and I was using. No idea what it was doing before that!

Nope. Just plugged it in. He did my Tesla PW2 as well.

Well they run it free, so it is worth doing if he wants to learn more, he can either call them/e-mail or check to see if they still have the meeting listed on the website.

Last edited:
That's his stats so far for 2 months.

As he has been on a 24/7 same price tariff he has never told it to charge from the grid (apart from the initial comission) and eco has been on. Generation has never been enough to fill both batteries so where or why those 75 units have gone I've no idea.

Anyway. Go enabled yesterday. It's set to charge during that window and i've turned eco off for now while i'm monitoring it.

Anyway, not wanting to spam this thread. Lets see what happens now going forward. Nothing physical has been changed since it was comissioned and today looks as I would expect.

You can see it all at once under the Power Graph section.

Does look like the battery is flatlining.

Anything in the My Inverter => Notifications bit?

5 from 2 months ago. Wifi dongle added. Comission started, ended, battery calibration started, ended. Then 2 weeks ago about some downtime.

The battery flatlining is a theory i'm working on, forwhatever reason it was refusing charge from the PV as it was too flat? Now it's had a kick in the arse from 4 hours of Go it will play nicely.

Edit, found the Power Graph. TY

Last edited:
In his loft. So cold....but its not going to be frozen.

Check the temp values within My Inverter => Battery Data on the days when it fails to charge.

I reckon possible combo of temps and battery being too flat may have caused the problem.

With the Go kicking back in from grid off she goes again?

I'd potentially recommend setting charge to 100% for a bit, let it run it fully up, even though it may mean some extra export on nicer days like we just had.

There is a Battery In chart as well, set back the date as far as it goes and check when it began :)

The data is turning me on. So much better than I have across my 2 apps.

Battery temps look good. 5 to 12 at midnight across this month.

You'll need to see when the issue started it looks like it was last month.

Change the chart type to battery in and go back more, see when the last battery in date was!

The data is definitely awesome on the GE side, I find it really useful to get a good picture of what is going on.

Last edited:
Way ahead of you. Everything appears normal from commission till 28th dec. then it charged 10kwh from the grid during the day.

Since then it hasn’t put any pv into the battery. ‍♂️

Could he have inadvertently enabled a “don’t charge” setting? He admits he hasn’t looked at it at all this year whilst waiting for go.

Way ahead of you. Everything appears normal from commission till 28th dec. then it charged 10kwh from the grid during the day.

Since then it hasn’t put any pv into the battery. ‍♂️

Could he have inadvertently enabled a “don’t charge” setting? He admits he hasn’t looked at it at all this year whilst waiting for go.

Possibly, all the settings are in the Inverter bit for the battery settings, but it looks like the solar charged it today so that kind of rules that out?

Last edited:
Fingers crossed I have fixed or at least significantly improved my cold charging issues, I mean when they refused to charge
Its been properly cold now for a few days and whilst charging is slower (ramping up from 1.x kwh or maybe more at start) they are charging to 100% SoC daily.*

*By 100% SoC I mean the Solax version of 100% which seems to be about 75% ;)

Back
Top Bottom