• Competitor rules

    Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sold my 7900 GTO

Permabanned
Joined
9 Nov 2006
Posts
354
Put my GTO on the bay to sell. Musta been a price drop. Went for £112 inc postage. :eek:

****

thats pretty crap. Contemplating pulling out. Then again

320Mb GTS £200 -7900 GTO £112.

= 320mb GTS for £88.....

:rolleyes: maybe.....
 
Associate
Joined
11 Dec 2005
Posts
1,005
Location
Brighton
I was a bit lucky; my 7900gto has sometimes artifacts playing BF2 so I am in the process of RMA and get a full refund as repair is not available the supplier said ;) so I just add £40 and bought a 8800GTS 320 which I recieved today but now I am waiting for the PSU to arrive as my one is not enough for my new card.
 
Soldato
Joined
28 Mar 2006
Posts
4,379
Location
Jarrow, Tyne And Wear
Fireskull said:
heh that is cheap lol, everywhere i look there £150 min n still to £200 lol, hmm SLI 7900gto or 1 800gts 320mb :/

i have 7900GS SLI, but its just too buggy, some games HATE SLI and refuse to run properly, america's army for instance, beginning to realise a single card might be the option, this 8800GTS is good offer plus its proberbly faster than my 7900GS' anyways :p
 
Permabanned
Joined
9 Nov 2006
Posts
354
your right. No point investing in "old technology"

I might say to him, this is going to be unisured 2nd class sent via crap mail. Pay me ****** and I will send it 1st class.

might work.
 
Soldato
Joined
3 Oct 2004
Posts
5,012
Location
North East
I just flogged my Leadtek 7900GS and got £92inc P&P for it which I was quite impressed with considering I only bought it for £125 three month ago :D

That is now going towards a brand spanking new BFG 8800 GTS OC 320MB - Can't wait!!!
Also floged my 22" Ilyama monitor on 'the bay' for more than I paid for it 2 months ago - Some people ehhh?! Will be using that £££ to get the new 22" Sammy :D
 
Permabanned
Joined
9 Nov 2006
Posts
354
my monitor has depreciated heavily. Brought in nov for £530. Woulnt get a fraction of that now. It is a dell 2407wfp. Got a new one yesterday. Made jan 07.


Oh well.
 
Soldato
Joined
3 Oct 2004
Posts
5,012
Location
North East
tommy_knockers said:
my monitor has depreciated heavily. Brought in nov for £530. Woulnt get a fraction of that now. It is a dell 2407wfp. Got a new one yesterday. Made jan 07.

Oh well.

You're right there - Moniters are one of the worst offenders for price depreciation.....Although in saying that the £270 I spent on my 17" Philips CRT was well worth it. About 7 years old and still going strong.....
 
Caporegime
Joined
8 Jul 2003
Posts
30,062
Location
In a house
TheDean said:
I just flogged my Leadtek 7900GS and got £92inc P&P for it which I was quite impressed with considering I only bought it for £125 three month ago :D

That is now going towards a brand spanking new BFG 8800 GTS OC 320MB - Can't wait!!!
Also floged my 22" Ilyama monitor on 'the bay' for more than I paid for it 2 months ago - Some people ehhh?! Will be using that £££ to get the new 22" Sammy :D

You won't regret it, the BFG is an absolutely stonking card. :cool:
 
Soldato
Joined
27 Jan 2005
Posts
3,643
Location
Expat in HK
Got £130 for my 7900GTO on the bay. Sold it a few days before you as I saw your auction.

Amazing what a few days will do.

Waiting for the 8800GTX to get down to £330, as I used the £30 from my GTO to get a 6600GT.

Got £130 for 7900GTO -£170 (originally paid for it) = -£40 -£30 (6600GT) = -£70 -£330 = -£400.

Everything has to be rounded for me. :D
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
3 Oct 2004
Posts
5,012
Location
North East
Kaiju said:
Got £130 for my 7900GTO on the bay. Sold it a few days before you as I saw your auction. Amazing what a few days will do.

You saw my auction? Hahahaha! Class....I bet there were loads of us selling our cards on there ;)
 
Top