Sold the 2nd PC build in November... Making a comeback..

Associate
OP
What are you using this for? how about a nice ryzen setup? did you need storage etc?
Stulid. Gaming pretty much always.... Storage not required as I have two SSD's from the previous build.
I've always been a Intel fan for donkeys years. Yes sad I know, 6 cores Vs 4 cores... Hmm.

Get 16gb of ram 3000mhz ram is good enough something like the Corsaie vengeance led.

Micky, good shout and I do like the Corsair LED RAM. It's pricey, but i agree its a cracking design

Caporegime
Not a bad shout Stulid... better RAM than my choice too! Have you tried Ryzen, if so, what do you think?
Is 550w PSU powerful enough ?

I have tried Ryzen and thought it was fine, I have even had X99 and thought that was fine too, basically these cpus are so strong that even when they are behind the competition they are still making fantastic frame rates etc

The 550W PSU is enough for that single gpu based system, the board doesnt support SLI.

Look whats possible for under £1900,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,868.96
(includes shipping: £23.10)

A nice monitor, or for £200 more the 27" IPS version - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-046-ao.html

Associate
OP
I have tried Ryzen and thought it was fine, I have even had X99 and thought that was fine too, basically these cpus are so strong that even when they are behind the competition they are still making fantastic frame rates etc

The 550W PSU is enough for that single gpu based system, the board doesnt support SLI.

Much appreciated. As i mentioned, I am open to ideas and your input is great to see a different perspective. More "bang for my buck" as they say! I did like the NZXT cooler simply for the look of it but i can see that cooler (X52) doesn't support that socket for Ryzen.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
Well, thats the order in for a delivery tomorrow. After careful consideration and advice from Stulid in the above comments, I have gone ahead with Ryzen and a AOC monitor. (Same as the one you ordered Stulid)

Thank you for everyone for their help. Fingers crossed I will not be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom