Some good news

Associate
One of my old photos taken in New Mexico, made the cover of the Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips 2018 book :D
awehZIH.jpg
It's the bottom right one (zoomed and cropped).

If anyone wants their petrol pumps shooting in the UK of Englandshire, give me a call ;)

Caporegime
Good to hear! I always wondered if they paid or just used competitions to awuire images for their stuff (the industry in general, not just LP).

Caporegime
Good to hear! I always wondered if they paid or just used competitions to awuire images for their stuff (the industry in general, not just LP).

In general they just look at stock photo sites. Way cheaper and easier than competitions, and they can get some fantastic pictures for a few dollars. For front cover art they might go macro-stock and pay a few hundred.

Associate
Its good they're actually paying people for their work.
I've heard of people that went on holiday to find billboards advertising stuff with a picture of their family on it taken from their Instagram account.

Associate
OP
Modesty prevents me from mentioning they also used a York Minster photo in one of their magazines this month.
So I won't ;)

gCRO4aV.jpg

When I was reading the magazine, I thought I recognised the photo. But thought it couldn't be mine, as I'd have cloned out all the people :D

Back
Top Bottom