• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Some GPU and PSU advice please.

Associate
I received today well yesterday from overclockers my Rx Sapphire 6900XT nitro+ Also got a nice packet of haribos! over the past week I’ve been ordering and receiving all the parts. I ordered the Corsair Rx 750, now I’m a complete novice with building machines, am I being a total donkey or does this not match with the 6900xt or what cable goes where?

does anyone have a photo of how there cables are in there psu with both the above??

Caporegime
I received today well yesterday from overclockers my Rx Sapphire 6900XT nitro+ Also got a nice packet of haribos! over the past week I’ve been ordering and receiving all the parts. I ordered the Corsair Rx 750, now I’m a complete novice with building machines, am I being a total donkey or does this not match with the 6900xt or what cable goes where?

does anyone have a photo of how there cables are in there psu with both the above??
The minimum recommended PSU for the RX 6900 XT is a quality 850W unit, so if you get any stability issues you know where to look first.

You need to use 2x 6+2 pin connectors from the PSU to the graphics card.

Permabanned
The card's power is rated to be 340 watt. If you have a quality 750-watt power supply unit and if you undervolt and underclock the card, you should see good compatibility and no issues.

The thing is that these cards have ugly power spikes for milliseconds which go well above those rated numbers.

Associate
It will be within the overcurrent limits of the power supply, I'd expect everything to work long term. However for peace of mind I'd still upgrade your PSU when you get the chance.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply guys, yea I got the 750w psu I had every intention of just getting a 3070, maybe a 3080 at a push! I was very wrong god dam you temptation!

so it’s ok to connect the 6+2 leads as the +2 just hangs there.

Last edited:
Permabanned

I don't like haribos. No disrespect to Germany but it can't make sweets as nice as the ones we make. Give me Jelly Tots every time!

Associate
https://ibb.co/B6ffNNZ
https://ibb.co/GnqTjjH

That’s one of the pcie cables on the floor, so it’s that one that goes in? I mean even the cpu cable when plugged into the motherboard leaves a block of 4 free is that right too? Again sorry I’m a complete novice!

They should all be labelled.
The PCI side goes into the GPU
The CPU side goes into the top left CPU socket on the motherboard
The big 24-pin goes into the motherboard
The SATA cables go into the hard drives/SSD

Back
Top Bottom