• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Some GTX 1080 SLI benchmarks

Associate
Hello everyone,

I've made this thread because when I was thinking about SLI the hinting previews were driving me insane (there really wasn't a whole lot of benchmarks), so here's a little more benchmarking for those who aren't sure.

But please be aware I am making small tweaks here and there and I'm not doing these from a partition I'm doing them on a system that has clearly a few hindering background processes and I'm having to shut them down each time to gain fps.

Big thanks to everyone who has replied; I've decided to edit the initial post completely in order to make it more articulate.

My rig has an I7 quad core clocked at 4.6ghz; which I can't overclock past 4.6ghz :( I'm on air.

I only have a standard SLI bridge that came with my motherboard years a go. Not the new Higher Bandwidth one or even the 400hz one.

I've also OC'd both cards to:

2044 Core +230mhz
5400mhz mem +400mhz

At these speeds they are very stable and haven't crashed yet due to the overclock.

I have these cards in a G1.Sniper 5; inserted into slots 1 and 3.

I did spend a while trying to nail the OC; I suspect at higher voltages there's some issue with my PSU because once it gets to the higher clocks and needs more juice the PC crashes.

Unless stated benchmarks are at 3440x1440.

Ok then, Let's do this!

The Division

Ultra-Ultra settings (everything to the right, even HFTS) Stabilization

Ave: 75 -Quite impressed by that myself.
Typical: 76.0

1440p
Average 94fps.

I Always have had problems in SLI with this game, but I'm surprised that a couple of weeks on SLI is in a much better state. The black screen crash and launching in window mode issue is still there though.

Crysis 3 No AA
100fps Average, (lake where you can kill those 2 soldiers by shooting electric at the water)

Crysis 3 TXAA High
70fps Average

Rise of the Tomb Raider; Very high The in-game benchmark. Direct x 11

For fun 60FPS @ 5958x2494; maybe you are thinking of 3 way x34 surround. :)

Ave: 101fps

Bioshock infinity Everything maxed, Diffusion on.

Per Scene Stats:
Scene Duration (seconds), Average FPS, Min FPS, Max FPS, Scene Name
32.78, 127.26, 34.06, 586.61, Welcome Center
6.55, 120.86, 44.09, 159.96, Scene Change: Disregard Performance In This Section
22.13, 173.72, 58.62, 531.39, Town Center
8.05, 179.32, 89.77, 299.47, Raffle
9.03, 198.49, 80.56, 259.14, Monument Island
3.51, 199.81, 155.07, 236.36, Benchmark Finished: Disregard Performance In This Section
82.05, 155.38, 34.06, 586.61, Overall

Metro LL Redux
Options: Resolution: 3440 x 1440; Quality: Very High; SSAA: Off; Texture filtering: AF 16X; Motion Blur: Normal; Tesselation: Very High; VSync: Off; Advanced PhysX: On;

Ave:115.00 O.o
Max frame rate: 200
Min: 11.06

Options: Resolution: 3440 x 1440; Quality: Very High; SSAA: On; Texture filtering: AF 16X; Motion Blur: Normal; Tesselation: Very High; VSync: Off; Advanced PhysX: On;
Ave:79

Witcher 3
90fps Ave after fast travelling to Hierarch Square in Novigrad Hair on (8) (so close to that 100) Ace that.
99fps hair off.

Far cry primal maxed (in-game benchmark)
72fps Average
52 min
87fps max

Dying Light
120fps - Pretty much killed it.

I'll be doing some more,

I have just about every single game out...Any requests?

Thanks Zefan for updating the thread title; I forgot to put 1080 -doh.

And thank you for reading, Have a nice loooooooooong weekend. :) Good luck with your OC's and benchmarks

Last edited:
Soldato
I see its 1080 SLI most likely :)

Would you do me witcher 3 every setting on and maxed out including hairworks 2560x1440
Been playing a lot lately so would like to see if there is much of a difference over my Ti's as i'd love to max every setting at over 100fps.

Around the first town, even start of the game would be fine. If you havent played the game before/much that is.

Man of Honour
Forgot to add the important 1080 to the tread title, how do you edit thread titles?

Sorted
icon14.gif

Nice of you to open it up for requests!

Soldato
im interested in

Witcher 3 Maxed
overwatch Epic + Render scaling as high as you can go with 80fps+

just interested with OW how high you can get render scaling..

Associate
OP
I see its 1080 SLI most likely :)

Would you do me witcher 3 every setting on and maxed out including hairworks 2560x1440
Been playing a lot lately so would like to see if there is much of a difference over my Ti's as i'd love to max every setting at over 100fps.

Around the first town, even start of the game would be fine. If you havent played the game before/much that is.

1440p
87fps Ave after fast travelling to Hierarch Square in Novigrad Hair on (8)

99fps Hair off.

Associate
OP
im interested in

Witcher 3 Maxed
overwatch Epic + Render scaling as high as you can go with 80fps+

just interested with OW how high you can get render scaling..

Sorry you got me there, I don't have Overwatch.

But I've just done Witcher 3 Max details in 2 resolutions, 1440p ave 87 and 3440p Ave 86fps.

Associate
OP
Nice one Karlision. How is SLI running? Butter smooth? Any microstutter? Have you got the newer bridge?

I see a bit of micro stutter during the division benchmark every now and again(slight pauses), I don't think the new bridge it out yet otherwise I'd have grabbed one as well.

I'm comparing my single card results to some reviewers and scratching my head at the moment, and those ones on the main Nvidia website are miles away.

Caporegime
I see a bit of micro stutter during the division benchmark every now and again(slight pauses), I don't think the new bridge it out yet otherwise I'd have grabbed one as well.

I'm comparing my single card results to some reviewers and scratching my head at the moment, and those ones on the main Nvidia website are miles away.

Thanks and the microstutter was something I hated. I will keep an eye out for when the new bridges are out and see what you say then. They are supposed to offer more bandwisth and might help with the stutter bit.

Back
Top Bottom