Some help in getting fit

Soldato
Have you had a look through GordyR's sticky at the top of this thread. I can't comment on your situation since you have edited your original post. :)

Soldato
OP
Tony Soprano said:
Have you had a look through GordyR's sticky at the top of this thread. I can't comment on your situation since you have edited your original post. :)

Naa, not really bodybuilding, just getting fit, but it doesn't matter now, its not really a ost that belgoned here, the eyes were just as much to myself for posting it.

Soldato
This a perfect place for advice. :) GordyR's sticky is not all about bodybuilding, some of it concerns diet and losing fat. The same principles apply here. Well if you want to post again or want a push in the right direction let us know. :)

Soldato
OP
Tony Soprano said:
This a perfect place for advice. :) GordyR's sticky is not all about bodybuilding, some of it concerns diet and losing fat. The same principles apply here. Well if you want to post again or want a push in the right direction let us know. :)

Ok, cheers, will have a look in.

Bascially let myself go big style, about 4 stone overwieght, dont know how, cant really tell but my stomach, but it cant possibly all be there, its not THAT bad.

Anyway, ive decided to buy a mountain bike.

What my basic plan is to go riding in the morning for an hour (i here morning is best to burn fat, up to 300% better in some cases) 7 days a week.

Then if i can be bothered as much as i can do after.

Get fit, and go on a proper trail with my soon to be father in law.

But i want to be at a much higher fitness level to do that.

I'm also about to be a dad for the 1sr time come July, and want to be as healthy as i can be for my immenent son.

I've stopped smoking, and now am trying to get hgealthy.

But i have two major problems holding me back. Old knee injuries which make it impossible to run, too much friction in the knee joint, one wrong twist and i'm not walking right for weeks.

Other is a trapped nerve in my back.

Pain, but i think its a lot to do with poor posture caused from my heavy stomach.

So really, its lose the belly without the most effective option, running.

I thought biking would be a good option as i loved it when i was younger, and will be a good excuse and an escape for tension down the line (being a father) and also to release stress from stopping smoking.

Soldato
OP
Actually am impressed with what i've read so far, especially on the losing weight procedure.

I think biking in the morning sounds ok to do.

My friends was also telling me star jumps as fast as you can and as long as you can is great as well, but floorboards have to come into the question in this house!

Soldato
OP
What i'm going to find hard, and this is probably part of the reason why i've gained so much fat, is the eating 5-6 times a day.

I get up late, and therefore don't eat breakfast, i maybe nick a bag of crisps with me morning coffee, but then don't eat until about 3pm, where i nick a sarnie, but nothing un healthy.

Then i'll have a proper meal ocme 7-8ish, but later on at about 10, i get hungr again, and pick until i go to bed, which can be quite late.

I need to break that routine more than pay attention to what im eating i think.

Say get up in the morning, go riding for an hour, come back eat some breakfast (sorry but scrambled eggs n porridge are out) probs just cereal, then aim to have something at midday, then something at 3-4pm, then 7pm, then nothing after that.

But that's only 4 times a day, i need to squeeze in another snack, but i think i need to abvoid eating at night.

Gonna have to give up my coffee's, milk, 2 sugars, as i have about 10 of them at least a day.

Really need to find something to drink all day that i like but has no sugar etc...

I've change from coke etc... to dilute juice, suppose i stick to that milk & fresh orange then i cant go too wrong can i?

But what to eat for those other times, especially the snacks in between meals, thats the stumper.

Soldato
I never eat breakfast - sometimes eat lunch, maybe a snack or two and then dinner. This healthy? lol. Im going to start cycling as much as possible per day too and maybe eat more healthily and drink more water.

Soldato
OP
Syk3 said:
I never eat breakfast - sometimes eat lunch, maybe a snack or two and then dinner. This healthy? lol. Im going to start cycling as much as possible per day too and maybe eat more healthily and drink more water.

Yeah, do it before it gets too late like me!

Finding what to eat is the hard part.

Can't exactly just open a tin of tuna and eat that with a stick of celery!

Soldato
I think maybe water, and fruit will do me. When im hungry i might grab an Apple or a Banana. And eat a normal Dinner etc.

Soldato
OP
Syk3 said:
Yeah i know water is boring - But it helps. Could always add some flavouring - Cant do any harm surely :)

Well that's what i do now.

Robinsons fruits etc...

I take it these are good for you? Never even thought about it.

But my fiance is pregnant and is forever wanting coke, so there's always a bottle lying about.

But she's agreed to go back on the dilute, just need to cut out the coffee's :(

Now that will be hard.

Soldato
Summerfruits + Lemonade = Mmmmm :p

Going to start eating/drinking more healthily (looks at bottles / cans of coke) :(

Soldato
Both you guys will need to sort out your diets first. Cycling is an excellent exercise, I go for morning cycles as well, very refreshing. Have you thought about swimming? You'd burn more calories as well. As much as I think water is boring and it is....when you've been drinking mostly 2-3 litres of water for the last 3 yrs... lol It's an excellent way to cleanse the body, your skin will be better for it as well. I'd occasionally have a fizzy drink but it's quite amazing how much I adjusted to water, I felt sick after drinking fizzy stuff. Using diluted drinks is fine as long as you don't overdo it. ;) Remember moderation.

You should never ever skip breakfast, as corny as it sounds, it really is the most important meal of the day. It kick starts your bodies metabolism. I'd recommend eating 4 or 5 small meals a day.

Breakfast 8am
Mid morning snack 10:30 or 11am
Lunch 1:30pm
Dinner 4pm
Snack 8pm

Just an example, mine is quite similar although I have been known to have another snack around 11pm *slaps himself, naughty boy!!

Dokko, it's brilliant that you've stopped smoking, keep at it and you'll really feel a difference in six weeks combined with exercise and a healthier diet and the pounds will be coming off. :) Get rid of the junk food and replace it with fruit, nuts, salad and foods high in protein. It may take a while to adjust to eating smaller portions but it's better for you.

Back
Top Bottom