some help with pages templates...

Soldato
hey guys,

i've been reading the help files that come with pages and had a look around online but i can't seem to find the answer to a few simple pages questions...

ok, i want to create a template...

i want to use a company logo, and a few fixed items such as address and whatnot (kinda like header info, except it will be on the left hand side) - once i have these items in place, how do i kinda "lock" them so they'll be used on subsequent pages? (and preferably be locked form future accidental editing as well?)

in the main section, for example on an invoice template, i want certain things to be part of the template and to be locked to prevent future editing, thing like permanent fixtures such as notes at the bottom etc.

so basically, i'm asking how to lock certain images in place, and lock the sizes, positions, and some of the content in text boxes...

is this possible?

Associate
OK, sorry just realised that the program is called pages. Not sure how to use this but inmost programs you would place the things you want to be on the template on a standard page and then save it as a template, when you open the template it opens a blank document and then applies the template items you added earlier, as for loking items to prevent them from moving I'm afraid I have no idea.

Rich

Soldato
OP
naah mate the things i want sorted aren't as simple as that...

i have added some graphics for example to the master selection, this should lock em in place right and add them on consecutive pages?

well it doesn't... so not sure how to do this :(

Back
Top Bottom