Some pics i took today..[a little 56k unfriendly]

Soldato
Well after reading the forums and at a lose end i got my camera Sony DSC-P51 2m pixel and about 3 years old out into the garden.

I have never done any photography before let alone know how to tart them up in photoshop. All i have done is cropped them and put a border on them.

So let me know what you think and how they can be improved if at all :)

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Cheers

Nikumba

Associate
Hi Nikumba.
I usually dread these sorts of threads, but thankfully you have quite an interesting looking garden.
(only my humble opinions offered...)

I think you picked a really interesting height to shot picture number 1, which I like a lot. My only crit would be there isn't really any one 'thing' central to the shot. The red mini-building/fire hydrant and the bug and the duck and the tree all seem to be competing for space in the shoot. Perhaps I'd rather see a nice shot of each if they are all interesting :)

I like picture number 2 a lot. Good central object, framed at thirds (was this intentional?)
Having said that, you've got an amazing looking tree lurking in the background, nice shot of that next time as well please

Pic 3 doesn't work for me I'm afraid. The conifer background is overly busy (bordering on hallucinogenic) and the central wind chime in the foreground leaves the shot a little empty for my taste. I'm being pretty picky

All in all, good work, but take some more and show us some more of your garden, or anything else you like.
Cheers,
Mike G

Soldato
OP
MichaelG,

Thanks for the comments. With regards to pic 1 the red thing, was a nice temple but the old man decided it needed a re-paint and i think its a bit of an eye-sore but its his garden afterall. I will look at the invidual items to see if they are interesting in anyway.

Pic 2. It wasnt intentional i had seen that phrase a couple of times and didnt really know what it meant, and i think i do now. The tree in the back is a twisted hazel Ill see if i can get some better shots of it

Pic 3. I didnt really like that one either but it looked ok when i took the piic if you know what i mean.

Ill see what else I can find in my garden

Cheers

Nikumba

Soldato
OP
sproutpunx said:
You have a really spectacular back garden, and these shots seem to show it off quite well. Number two looked a bit off colour so hope you don't mind but I had a little play :D

what do you think?

It is an improvemnt on it indeed.

Unfortuantly I am not really sure how i go about adjusting colours and what not with the photos, so basically they are as they are from the camera.

Will try and get some more today

Nikumba

Back
Top Bottom