• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

some problems with a triple monitor setup

Associate
hi guys

having a couple of problems getting a multi monitor setup working

I'm trying to drive 3 displays for a 5830 under windows 7, 2 dvi monitors 1680x1050 and a 1080i lcd over hdmi under windows 7.

My 5830 has a mini displayport, a dvi and an hdmi connector. I have the lcd tv connected to the hdmi connector, one monitor connected to the dvi port and the other connected to the displayport via one of these.

I can't get the desktop extended to all three desktops simultaneously, I get the following error message "To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled."

After a bit of googling it appears that I may need an active mini displayport to dvi adaptor.

My question is is this the case and if so will this adaptor solve my problems?

thanks

Associate
Yep I use one of those adapters as well, will work perfectly for you.

skyripper said:
I know active DisplayPort adaptors were a lot pricier when they first came out.
It's cheaper partly because it's only single-link DVI (ie only up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz). The more expensive active adapters are dual-link (2560x1600 @ 60Hz) and require a USB connection for power.

Back
Top Bottom