Soldato
IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

sorry if they're a bit big.

Associate
Overall I find these shots mildly depressing. If that was your intention then you have succeeded.

Numbers 2 and 4 are my favourites despite the fact that I find myself tilting my head as I look at them to try to get them level!

Number 1 despite being slightly weak as far as composition goes is saved by the colours and by the expression on the chap's face - was he eating something?

Number 3 seems a little pointless but maybe I have missed the point.

The last one is technically impressive (apart from the front corner being cut off) but does nothing for me at all.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP
Nicos Rex said:
Overall I find these shots mildly depressing. If that was your intention then you have succeeded.

Numbers 2 and 4 are my favourites despite the fact that I find myself tilting my head as I look at them to try to get them level!

Number 1 despite being slightly weak as far as composition goes is saved by the colours and by the expression on the chap's face - was he eating something?

Number 3 seems a little pointless but maybe I have missed the point.

The last one is technically impressive (apart from the front corner being cut off) but does nothing for me at all.
Ah-Ha. this is what i was really looking for. the intention for the B&W and the halls photo were indeed intended to be gritty and subdued. i'm somewhat dissappointed because the colours of the exports (the images you see here) are much less vibrant than those of the masters in Lightroom. how can i export them with the same colour detail?

you're right, 3 was rather pointless, but i included it because i liked it :)

i'm not sure why you feel the Last one is technically impressive. i didn't do much to it (++cont, ++brightness, -exp, +++clarity, s-curve)

Associate
Aod said:
(snip) i'm not sure why you feel the Last one is technically impressive. i didn't do much to it (++cont, ++brightness, -exp, +++clarity, s-curve)

I find it impressive as I am an unrepentant user of silver salts to make my black & white images and the contrast range looks high to my tired old eyes. You have also got good depth of field and the composition is also alright although as I said before I would have liked to see all the front corner in shot.

Being picky, is there any more detail than could be gleaned from the original and burned in to the stripe of sunlight?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP
Nicos Rex said:
Being picky, is there any more detail than could be gleaned from the original and burned in to the stripe of sunlight?
there is, but it's not very interesting. i feel that the stripe adds more to the picture than the texture would.

Back
Top Bottom