Someone collided with my car - your advice please

Soldato
Perhaps the third party has reported to her insurers and they've read they're standard script firmly instructing to not admit liability and refer other parties involved directly to them?

If you have her address I'd go have a look at the third party's car and have a chat with them.

Soldato
:confused:

Last night when I parked I left plenty of space behind me so people have plenty of space to maneuver in and out of the carpark (not shown). The silver Fabia decided to squeeze in behind me.

Even so that still looks like a rather silly place to park especially in icy conditions, couldn't you just go up 5-10 or so meters?

Silver car pretty much was asking for it, but your's is a 50/50.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well I spoke to her again. She was deliberately being very vague. She said:
- She left the note for the intended vehicle she hit.
- She said she took photos of her collision with the silver car.
- She said she has a witness.

I asked her if she knew anything about the damage to my car. Her response was "I'm afraid I can't tell you that." Every time I asked her about my car, and if she saw someone hit it she was very, very evasive. I get the impression she knows something, but obviously I can't prove anything.

Interestingly I asked her if she knew if the damage to my car was there before or after she hit the silver car, her response was "I can't tell you."

I'll sleep on it. I may just buy a new door from the scrappies out of my expense.

Soldato
OP
Surely you'll have a non-fault accident to your name no matter how this turns out?

Of course you're right. But it can go one of two ways:

Situation 1: I have a non-fault accident against my name. But I also get my door repaired from the other insurance company.

OR

Situation 2: I have a non-fault accident against my name. But the other insurance company prove the woman didn't hit my car, in which case I'll have to fork out for the door myself.

From speaking to her, and reviewing my photos I think it's likely I'll end up with situation 2. :(

In which case I'd rather just get the door fixed myself and be done with it.

Soldato
Just tell her look im going to get it fixed myself you silly women I just want to know if you didn't hit then who did I don't care about your insurance details see if she bites.

Man of Honour
Just tell her look im going to get it fixed myself you silly women I just want to know if you didn't hit then who did I don't care about your insurance details see if she bites.

Put yourself in her shoes. If she didn't hit his car and she has someone agressively chasing her then how would that make you feel? We really don't know whether she is innocent or guilty here.

Associate
Hard to see how they could be the same accident but stranger things have happened. I would put the window down and bend the door back if she denies it. Buy a bag of grit if your leaving the car there in future.

Soldato
I think the likely scenario is she hit your car first exiting from the car park (which I assume is to the left). The front O/S quarter made contact with your car, the rear slide around and hit the silver car, lower impact damage at the rear.

Either that or she approached from the rear, side swiped the silver car, couldn't regain control and hit yours, would also explain the damage to the wing mirror, which would have taken damage from the O/S A frame. If you have an address go check the damage on her car.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a bizarre situation :confused:

I am trying to think what possible reason she would have for admitting she hit the Fabia, but not your own and so far i'm drawing a blank.

Honestly, it might be just easier putting this one down to "one of those things" and getting a new door from ebay and fitting it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focu...e:Ford|Model:Focus&hash=item416e002a55&_uhb=1

You should relish having a car that is cheap to fix if some **** decides to hit you and not admit it! :) ;)

Soldato
Why she left the note on one car & not the other is odd if she did hit them both, she is probably refusing to say anything as her insurers will have told her not to admit anything.

I suppose it's totally possible that someone else hit your car given that you are parked in a terrible place.

Back
Top Bottom