Someone keyed my car!!

Associate
Hi all

Woke up to a deep key scratch along both nearside doors and a bit on the wing.

So I took it to some bodyshops todays and I'm getting wildly differing quotes.

One told me that the paint alone costs £600 and the job would be £1500

Another says just do the top half of the doors and the whole wing and it would look fine for £360

Someone else said they'll re spray the whole side for £400

What do I need to check with these guys because it's difficult to ascertain if they'll do a proper job.
I'm worried about them not applying enough clear coat so if I want to detail it in the future the clear coat will be very thin.

What are your thoughts, I've attached the photos

I'm based in Bournemouth if anyone knows a reliable person around here

https://www.e90post.com/forums/report.php?p=24397286

Just trying to figure out how to post attachments

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tJ2HE4pyfWUjqUnC8

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
In other news, what a ****y, ****y thing to do. I genuinely would like to know the mindset of people who do this. Do they get some kind of strange gratification from doing it? Why? Did the owner of a black BMW 3 series once sleep with their girlfriend?

Hahaha maybe!
I just don't get it either what do they personally benefit from doing this other than wasting a stranger's time and money!

Associate
OP
Welcome to the pleasure of having to go to anyone in "the trade" to get some work done. I hate it, from electricians, to builders, to car body places. You don't know who to trust, you get hilariously different prices and you get the distinct feeling they have literally invented a number to quote you.

That is exactly how I felt going around today, everyone had something negative to say about other repair garages. Just don't know what is bs and what is true

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the advice. It's a metallic paint
I have found a couple of places who said that they are going to just paint the top half of the doors after sanding them down and then re lacquer the whole door to blend it in
The wing they saying has to be the whole wing because of the door

I'm a but worried because the quote I got was around £400 but the place had decent reviews

Back
Top Bottom