Someone reccommend me an RTS...

Associate
Dawn of War(DoW) + Winter Assault Expansion

Alternatively just get DoW and get the latest mod which allows the extra units from Winter Assault to be played in DoW.

If not DoW, then wait for the latest installment in the Rise of Nations genre - "Rise of Legends" more fantasy based, so dont know if this will be your cup of tea.

Ive never played Starcraft unfortunately and have never played any of the red alerts or Total Annihilation and dont have time to do retro gaming anymore :(

Are you looking to play online as well CBS?

Associate
Warcraft 3 and expansion.

Only 3 multiplayer games have ever got me hooked- Total annihilation, Red Alert 2 and then WC3. Ive been playing WC3 online most nights for 3 years and have only become bored of it recently.

Blizzard are amazing in their support for games and battlenet will have you matched up with opponents within 30 seconds every time you try. Excellent competitive ladder.

Try the basic game online 1st till you get used to it, play games 3v3, download and watch some replays to learn how to play well. Thousands of people are playing it at any given time on battlenet.

Other good points include: virtually never lag( 1 in 30 games, 1 player will drop)+ runs SOOOO smoothly 99% of time. None of this rubbish where you spend 20 mins building up army- youll be fighting within a few mins especially with the expansion pack. Each game 20-30 mins and generally non stop action. Micromanaging, scouting, strategy all very important and give it good depth. Though there are RTS games with more depth, it is just the right level to make the game challenging and fun.

Bad points: 3v3 generally matches you quite well with others of similar skill but can be frustrating while learning game. Stick at it!!!

Associate
also, because it is so competitive your allies may get frustrated if they are much better than you- ignore any insults and challenge yourself to get good at the game.

Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:
I have always had a soft spot for RTS and my favourite game must be Starcraft so get suggesting...

I love you!

WC3 is pretty pathetic in comparison to SC. Total annihilation is good if you can find anyone to play it with and C&C:TFD as a fantastic package for the price. Dawn of War is suprisingly good but the balance just isn't there yet to allow for truely competitive games.

1v1 SC sometime?

Back
Top Bottom