Something a bit different! Model Power Boating. RC Catamaran build thread.

Soldato
That looks like a lot of fun :D

Don't tell me you're in England now J? I've just come back from a week in Braintree at a customer site... didn't even think about getting in touch and arranging to meet up :( (obviously observing social distancing measures)

Caporegime
OP
Hey Andy!

Been a while, hope you're keeping well :)

No need to apologise at all. I've kept my visit fairly lowkey. There was some reluctance in me visiting from my stepmum as she was worried about my travelling (and potentially affecting the rest of the family) - but fortunately its all been ok :) I am here for a few more weeks, but for the sake of keeping the peace, I will stick with only seeing the family I am isolating with each day. I understand their concerns, and grateful I was allowed back...so while it wasn't mentioned about seeing friends, its a decision I have taken upon myself :)

Caporegime
OP
Oh hai Feek, pulling me out of the cobwebs are you?

How are you doing mate?

Oh god, boat has been finished for some time but I had a crazy year this year and barely visited as I've got a little baby boy :o

But last year I visited quite a lot. Had lots of fun annnnd I built something else....

yjUXjhr.jpg

This thing is insane....havent finished setting it up (gf got pregnant, how inconsiderate) but its an animal. Doesn't want to go straight, accelerates insanely. Its just bonkers. The green cat is well controlled and managable, this is like trying to walk 2 rabbid dogs pulling you along :D

Commissario
Oh hai Feek, pulling me out of the cobwebs are you?

How are you doing mate?
Oh yes, it was seeing the other RC thread active that reminded me of this and I just had to give it a bump.

That looks excellent, would love to see the build process and any videos of it running, plus the green one as well. It's just fascinating to watch the progress.

Caporegime
OP
I'm sorry for the late reply, life is chaos at the minute. I've got some onboard footage of the red thing going around, its insane tbh. Like the way to describe it is the green one is very controlled and behaves well

The red one is like a rabbid animal on a leash, trying to go in every direction except straight. It's a real handful and huge surge of adrenaline to drive.

Back
Top Bottom