Something going on with the royal family ?

Soldato
conspiracy theory time: they're hiding the queen's death because it'd be too much money to get all the coins re-minted.....

They could always stick Jimmy Savile on the money. It would be a constant reminder to kids that tracksuit wearing DJ's are not to be trusted. Also, every time you slung a tenner out of an ATM you could walk away saying, 'Jim Fixed It For Me'.

Was that bad taste? :eek:

Caporegime
I vaguely speculated as much on Christmas Day. She stepped down from the charities, was too ill to attend the Christmas service at church, and the Queen's Speech is pre-recorded... I did wonder in passing if she hadn't died and the establishment didn't want to break the news over the festive period for various reasons... A 'heavy cold' seems a little trite to cause that much interference, even in someone elderly (especially a very rich elderly person with the world's best private healthcare on call 24/7).

They're not going to cover up her death, they would however perhaps suppress stuff about her being severely ill. Obvs she was noticeably absent from church with a heavy cold, that can be it for someone her age...

Soldato
Was that bad taste? :eek:

Depends on wether the person your talking to is one of those moron *** types or not :D

On a more serious note, cant see why they would bother hiding it, the age they're at its not as if it'd come as a shock to the nation, the national mourning would be interspersed with mutterings of "well they had a good run" etc.

Possibly just they have bad colds and nothing much has happened.

Soldato
"I read on facebook" so it must be true and every other news source is part of a global conspiracy to suppress important news..... *sigh*

Man of Honour
She's not going to last forever.When it inevitably happens the news outlets will forget about anything else going on in the world.
King Charles anyone?

If its true what I read, he doesnt want the name Charles (because of the controversial records of previous King Charles) , so it will likely be King George VII :)

Soldato
If its true what I read, he doesnt want the name Charles (because of the controversial records of previous King Charles) , so it will likely be King George VII :)

can't be that contriversial in this day and age? i think we've pretty much established ourselves now as having the monarchy as the figurehead of what is otherwise effectively a democracy (or at least as close as anywhere else gets to one)

it's not like there'd be another revolution just because of the king's name.

Soldato
She is definitely very unwell atm. Maybe they think it's best to shut any media stuff down for the minute to avoid any panic.

What panic? We do not live in the 12th century, to have a civil war and pretenders to the throne sprouting on every province, upon the death of the monarch.
Nor foreign invaders taking the opportunity to attack.

We live in the 21st century.

Consider this. She is a very old lady, with pretty busy life, and she is just a mere human like everyone else. We born live and die. Is the circle of life.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
But its the queen, the figure head of our great nation.....

If thats the case then please die in the summer so i can have a better day off doing something nice by the sea.

Back
Top Bottom