Something I do not understand about monitors.

Soldato
Why are the LEDs behind the screen not all the ones that will go of for troue black & have RGB. OLED have LEDs that go off for true black, but not RGB LEDs. Other LED monitors have RGB LEDs, but they don't go off for true black. Samsung is bringing out a microled that go off for true black & have RGB. As I understand, no moniter just have LEDs for contrast & color. If

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure I understand what you mean but if you talking about the panels back lighting rather than RGB lighting for room ambience then OLED does't use LEDs, the pixels themselves are self emiting. I think your referring to as LEDs are actually the pixels :confused: ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not sure I understand what you mean but if you talking about the panels back lighting rather than RGB lighting for room ambience then OLED does't use LEDs, the pixels themselves are self emiting. I think your referring to as LEDs are actually the pixels :confused: ?
Ok, ao the pixels are not the LEDs. Then what makes the color in TN/VA/IPS? Man if it wasn't for burn in & the organic layers that make the color dieing off I may get a OLEN, but that new micro led down Samsubglung's pipeline sounds great though. .

Associate
Then what makes the color in TN/VA/IPS?
LCDs have a backlight, usually white, that spreads light evenly across the whole display. In front of that is the LCD panel itself, divided into pixels and further subdivided into three subpixels. Each of those subpixels has either a red, green or blue filter in front of it, so they can selectively block light from the backlight, letting only specific colours through. So an LCD is sort of like a stained glass window where the image on the window can be changed electronically.

Back
Top Bottom