Something with good Lumbar support

Soldato
I'm on the hunt for a decent chair, something with decent adjustable back support. Ideally a chair that I could sit upright in for K&M and then recline back for controller games/watching movies.

My son and wife use the PC regularly, and I'm a short **** too, so nothing that relies on the user being 6'5".

Anyone bought something recently that they could recommend?

Man of Honour
Beware of the Markus. I bought one from the recommendations here, as well as a short try in the store. After using it for a few weeks, I frankly couldn't stand it. The back "support" is really just a bump that forces you in to what I found to be a very unnatural position, one where you can sit up and your upper back/head is unsupported or one where your lower back isn't bit your upper is. IKEA do have a decent returns policy, so if you live near a store they're worth a go, but be wary if you live far from one as returning it will be more of an effort. What may feel great in store can feel horrendous over time.

:edit: don't take the above as gospel, just trying to balance the scales a bit for anyone reading and making their mind up from other's experiences like I did!

Associate
Beware of the Markus. I bought one from the recommendations here, as well as a short try in the store. After using it for a few weeks, I frankly couldn't stand it. The back "support" is really just a bump that forces you in to what I found to be a very unnatural position, one where you can sit up and your upper back/head is unsupported or one where your lower back isn't bit your upper is. IKEA do have a decent returns policy, so if you live near a store they're worth a go, but be wary if you live far from one as returning it will be more of an effort. What may feel great in store can feel horrendous over time.

:edit: don't take the above as gospel, just trying to balance the scales a bit for anyone reading and making their mind up from other's experiences like I did!

yeah a couple of other people on this forum mentioned that issue as well, i do like the look of the herman miller aeron but don't fancy spending £360 on a chair just yet. But if i dont find one i might just do that

Back
Top Bottom