Sonic booms in Cumbria?

Soldato
Keylow said:
Got woken up this morning by a fighter opening the taps around RAF Notholt. We never usually get fighters round here, let alone them going so bloody fast.

Ah so that's what it was! I was woken at about 8 by a series of aircraft noises and wondered what they were doing.

Soldato
I get planes coming over my house every hour from RAF Lyneham (think its lyneham). Anyway, a lot of them fly really low and its incredibly loud.

Soldato
Mr.Orb said:
I get planes coming over my house every hour from RAF Lyneham (think its lyneham). Anyway, a lot of them fly really low and its incredibly loud.
Hercules? Wouldn't want to live near there, the C130s are very busy these days :p

Permabanned
Mr.Orb said:

You clearly need some RPG's. That'd learn 'em......

Soldato
Nismo said:
sonic_boom.gif

classic :D

Soldato
Mr.Orb said:

I used to live in Lyneham about a 2 minute walk from the main gates!... During the Gulf War Hercs used to be coming in and out almost every half hour 24/7... Plus when (Like now) when its the lead up to the Farnborough Air show they get loads of stuff coming in to re-fuel before going on the the show!... Had an Antenov in there once!... Blacked out the sky as it passed my living room window!... and 3 pictures jumped off the walls!!...

S'gonna get good in 2010/12 when there's the change over!... Originally Lyneham was closing as the Hercs are moving on!... But RAF Odiham is closing and the Chinooks are gonna be relocating to Lyneham!... Now thats gonna be L-O-U-D!!... :cool:

I live in North Swimdon now!... So I don't care about the noise now!!! :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We get hat loads of Chinooks flying over our house every night, we're on the return flight path to RAF Odiham and they come so low the windows rattle :eek: Occasionally they come so low you don't hear them until they are actually over the house.. luckily our 4yr old has gotten used to it now.

Associate
You get a shedload flying around Northumberland, apparently there was a Hawk trainer and F15 dogfighting the other day and the Hawk was kicking arse. Don't get much over Nottingham apart from the odd Chinook and the Lancaster.

Soldato
Nitefly said:
I can't recall any version where it wasn't back for two seconds, unless you wish to corect me? :)

Only version I can think of would be the Hyper Fighting one or the other nutter versions.

Back
Top Bottom