Sonos play:1

Wow, not often you get 20% off Sonos.

As for the Play:1, I am over the moon with it. It has a good, clear, loud sound which is amazing from such a small device. Also, the Sonos controller app is really easy to use and has access to lots of streaming services like spotify, deezer etc

Thinking about picking one of these up, are they currently the best on the market at the moment? how do they compare to the BOSE equivalent ?

I missed the boat on the 20% off Amazon deal that happened yesterday which was annoying.

20%? Balls. Would have bought one at that price and I don't even need it, living out of 1 room at the minute.

I'm going to wait until I move somewhere more permanent! Just wish they'd drop the price of the connect. I have a couple of decent old hi-fi's (including a beastly old Sony) that I want to continue using. By rights, the connect should be the same price or less that the play 1, as they both have the 'brain' but one doesn't have an amp and speaker!!

Saving up for a PlayBar.
Bought a pair of 1's a couple weeks ago and I think the quality out of them is spectacular for the price. The pair of 1's are (far) more than enough than enough for my living room.

People saying that they will only suit a bedroom, must either be deaf, super rich or have uber tolerant neighbors ! :D

Saving up for a PlayBar.
Bought a pair of 1's a couple weeks ago and I think the quality out of them is spectacular for the price. The pair of 1's are (far) more than enough than enough for my living room.

People saying that they will only suit a bedroom, must either be deaf, super rich or have uber tolerant neighbors ! :D

Whilst I'm sure they are adequate, anything that size will have a compromised low frequency response compared to something larger, and it will be much more pronounced at higher volumes. They are very impressive for the size however.

I was given a Play 3 as a leaving gift from my last job last week and have instantly fallen in love with it which is currently sat in the living room, I then went and bought a Play 1 for the bedroom/Kitchen (Still undecided) yesterday and am now eyeing up a second play 3 and a playbar for the living room.

Does anyone have a playbar? The reviews seem pretty good but would rather get the opinion of someone who actually has one. The only downside I can see is the fact they cannot do DTS or Dolby TRUEHD audio without an amp/decoder due to the limitations of the optical connection.

I'm eyeing up a pair of Play:1s to use in the living room as a stereo pair. I'd also like to be able to output sound from the humax box and ps3. Is the only way way to get an additional source as an input to get a Connect? The bridge won't do this right?

This is my point. Who on earth plays music that loud in a bedroom - hell when I was a teenager living in a large detached house I never pumped it even that loud.

When I was a teenager in a large detached house I certainly played my stereo at anti social volumes but that was then! Now I've grown up a little and live in a terrace if I crank the play:1 in the kitchen up I can hear it throughout the house and my neighbours would certainly get annoyed!

I really can't fault my play:3 (living room) or play:1 kitchen both perfrom brilliantly are increadibly easy to use and the new app is a welcome upgrade making it a little more modern and pretty.

I'm eyeing up a pair of Play:1s to use in the living room as a stereo pair. I'd also like to be able to output sound from the humax box and ps3. Is the only way way to get an additional source as an input to get a Connect? The bridge won't do this right?

Correct it's a bit annoying that Sonos deliberately exclude such features from the lower spec gear but it's still great stuff.

Correct it's a bit annoying that Sonos deliberately exclude such features from the lower spec gear but it's still great stuff.

Thanks for confirming. I'd be more tempted to get a Play:5 I think as I only need 1 line in and it's £70 more to get an additional speaker over a Connect which is £280 just to get a line in.

I recently purchased a playbar and two play 1's. The play ones are used in the kids room and one in the kitchen. The play bar is used for all TV sound. Make sure you can disable the TV's speakers, check for hotel mode.

When I want to watch a movie I have the option of adding the two play ones to the Bar and using them as rears.

Expensive way of doing it but the value for money comes from having the flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom