Sony Ericsson PC Suit and Vista Warning

Man of Honour
The suite does not load in Vista, none of the versions do. There is a complicated work around but that didn’t work. Good job I still have XP on my laptop!

simulatorman said:
The suite does not load in Vista, none of the versions do. There is a complicated work around but that didn’t work. Good job I still have XP on my laptop!
I've found it to be a piece of junk in XP too, tbh. With my k800i, it's a bit like witchcraft trying to get it to connect - I have to reboot the PC, reboot the phone, then it *might* work. Hope the next version's better, or there is some 3rd party software that works in both Vista and XP, apparently.

csmager said:
I've found it to be a piece of junk in XP too, tbh. With my k800i, it's a bit like witchcraft trying to get it to connect - I have to reboot the PC, reboot the phone, then it *might* work. Hope the next version's better, or there is some 3rd party software that works in both Vista and XP, apparently.

Never had any problems what so ever. And that's linking the phone to several PCs and a laptop, via USB and Bluetooth.

Yeah, my k750i won't show up as an external drive in 'my computer' using USB cable.

My guess is, until there is official/unofficial support, we'll just have to manually copy across files using bluetooth or get a card reader for the pro duo cards (which is what I plan to do soon-ish) - I've not tried bluetooth as my lappy is sans blue teeth... anyone else tried in Vista?.

Last edited:
Memphis said:
Never had any problems what so ever. And that's linking the phone to several PCs and a laptop, via USB and Bluetooth.
It worked fine with my k750i on the older version, but the new one i downloaded when I got my k800i hasn't been very favourable.

I've also installed it on a friend's PC for his k750i, and it's as bad on there too.

Back
Top Bottom