Sony's HDR 1080p tv's

Man of Honour
I would want both on audition simultaneously in home to see if there is a significant difference ... a (maybe) little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
(at minimum I would be requesting the superman 4k disc which vincent used, for a shop audition)
.... and there's the crux of the problem. You want boutique service but, I suspect, you'd also be looking for a sharp price.

Even if you pay lip service to the idea of in home demo from a premium dealer, when push comes to shove everyone has that nagging voice "You can buy it cheaper..." That's partly why the TV industry is in the gutter.

No retailer can afford to offer such in-house demos and still compete with the guys just selling from a Web site with no retail store front to back it up.

The purist Hi-Fi retail market had the right idea in the 70s through to now. Take away price competition and make dealers compete on service. Once the question of "Can I buy this Naim amp cheaper in the next town?" goes away because it's the same price everywhere, then consumers relax and focus on finding a trustworthy dealer who knows the product and wants to gain a customer for years rather than just one sale. It worked too. Dealers could afford to offer home dems and do all the after sales care stuff because the margin supported it. The volume of business came from how well they respected and served the customers.

Soldato
Does seem like a good idea,just comes down to pricing i guess as you can get some pretty good deals on 4k Tvs atm,Although their 1080p 32" UHD for £265 isn't a bad deal at all tbh

Soldato
TBH I have always found the "you sit too far away" a bit nonsense....

I have seen many a Blu-ray, No one can tell me the 4K disc I have of Blade Runner doesn't blow any and all of them to absolute smithereens. The HDR is amazing yes that is true, it sis one of the best bits also but MAN, the DETAIL, the rain scene, the girders.

JEEZUS

Looking forward to trying it on my OLED55B7V coming monday versus the 49inch KS7000 i had before

Don't think it's nonsense. But, I do think it's nonsense those people that use those viewing distance charts as absolutes for everyone. Everybody is different and those charts are just a guide.

HDR makes a significant difference.

Back
Top Bottom