Sorry, Another Water Cooling Thread

Suspended
Joined
1 Sep 2006
Posts
441
Hi Guys

Need a spec for this system:

C2D E660 @ 3.4Ghz
8800GTS
Asus P5W

Looking for maybe the chipset to be cooled aswel. My Budget is £200 --//

Thanks !

Jason!
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Feb 2007
Posts
9,529
Location
Cheshire
I just spent £220 on a CPU loop which is what i consider after looking around and asking cheap!

you would be looking at around £280 with the gts cooled and chipset.
 
Associate
Joined
12 Dec 2005
Posts
574
Sorry to hijack the thread but what did you get that cost you £220? I have been looking for parts for a cpu loop it only came to £160.
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Feb 2007
Posts
9,529
Location
Cheshire
Chris19 said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but what did you get that cost you £220? I have been looking for parts for a cpu loop it only came to £160.

D-TEK Fuzion CPU block (1/2")
D5 Vario Pump with speed controller
thermochill 120.2 rad (2/1")
swiftech rad mounting kit
6ft XSPC 1/2 "tubing
2ltr Feser 1 UV yellow coolant
XSPC Clear bay res
20 1/2" tubing tube clamps
Arctic silver 5 3.5g
 
Associate
Joined
17 Apr 2006
Posts
2,009
Sinny said:
D-TEK Fuzion CPU block (1/2")
D5 Vario Pump with speed controller
thermochill 120.2 rad (2/1")
swiftech rad mounting kit
6ft XSPC 1/2 "tubing
2ltr Feser 1 UV yellow coolant
XSPC Clear bay res
20 1/2" tubing tube clamps
Arctic silver 5 3.5g

If you want it cheap then consider a cheaper pump (maybe the d-tek db-1 if you want silence) get a heater core/heater matrix from auction instead of a swifteck rad (but make sure it doesn't leak and you clean it really really well before use) and make your own shroud (I'm gunna try using cardboard from old ceriel boxes). Tubing can be had cheaper but make sure you get easily bendable tubing like XSPC for any tight corners. You can use distilled water - with additives) rather than coolant which can be much cheaper if you don't go mad on the additives. You don't need 20 clamps.

Cooling your northbridge is not really neccesary - get a £15 air cooler with heatpipes if you want to cool it well.
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Sep 2005
Posts
14,452
Location
Bradley Stoke, Bristol
Swiftech Storm / Dtek Fusion
DDC-Ultra with Plexi top
Thermochill Rad
Swiftech Microres
Masterkleer 7/16 tubing (fits so snug you don't really need clips)
1 litre bottle of Feser1
 
Associate
Joined
17 Apr 2006
Posts
2,009
PinkFloyd said:
Masterkleer 7/16 tubing (fits so snug you don't really need clips)

I'd strongly recommend clips anyway. They're cheap and worth the peace of mind.

edit:// strongly has a 'g' in it.
 
Last edited:
Soldato
Joined
21 Sep 2005
Posts
14,452
Location
Bradley Stoke, Bristol
I found trying to get the clips on more hassle than it appeared to be worth. I've only used them on my rad. Which has a different style of barb and itsn't quite as tight as the others.
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Feb 2007
Posts
9,529
Location
Cheshire
Chris Beard said:
If you want it cheap then consider a cheaper pump (maybe the d-tek db-1 if you want silence) get a heater core/heater matrix from auction instead of a swifteck rad (but make sure it doesn't leak and you clean it really really well before use) and make your own shroud (I'm gunna try using cardboard from old ceriel boxes). Tubing can be had cheaper but make sure you get easily bendable tubing like XSPC for any tight corners. You can use distilled water - with additives) rather than coolant which can be much cheaper if you don't go mad on the additives. You don't need 20 clamps.

Cooling your northbridge is not really neccesary - get a £15 air cooler with heatpipes if you want to cool it well.

i dont like buying second hand components and was glad to spend the money for new components, i was recommended the pump by quite alot of people because i might be expanding near christmas to gpu.

i actually got the tubing really cheap actually was half the price from where i was going to get it from originally.

clamps were thrown in with the deal so i asked for 20, just in case some snapped, i always like to be well prepared.

the coolant is the one i wanted and didnt want to mess around with mixing stuff, id rather just pour it into the res and get it going as soon as possible.

i also didnt plant to cool anything else like sb/nb only the cpu and maybe a new graphics card near xmas.
 
Associate
Joined
17 Apr 2006
Posts
2,009
Sinny said:
i dont like buying second hand components and was glad to spend the money for new components, i was recommended the pump by quite alot of people because i might be expanding near christmas to gpu.

i actually got the tubing really cheap actually was half the price from where i was going to get it from originally.

clamps were thrown in with the deal so i asked for 20, just in case some snapped, i always like to be well prepared.

the coolant is the one i wanted and didnt want to mess around with mixing stuff, id rather just pour it into the res and get it going as soon as possible.

i also didnt plant to cool anything else like sb/nb only the cpu and maybe a new graphics card near xmas.

Sinny, sorry - my post wasn't intended as a critisism of your choise of components. It looks like an amazing setup. The OP wanted a cheaper solution and I was just sugesting an alternative.
 
Soldato
Joined
21 Feb 2007
Posts
9,529
Location
Cheshire
Chris Beard said:
Sinny, sorry - my post wasn't intended as a critisism of your choise of components. It looks like an amazing setup. The OP wanted a cheaper solution and I was just sugesting an alternative.

why the sorry :o, dont mind me i rant all time i dont mean any offence.

easier said than put i wanted to spend money :D :D :D :D
 
Top Bottom