Sorry, but when exactly did this become acceptable?

Soldato
iQKN8rb.png

Obesity is a leading cause of premature death. Trying to normalise it through tacky advertising campaigns sums up today's politically-correct society perfectly, let's promote obesity as a lifestyle choice instead of making people see the hard truth they're fat, and are cutting their life short and costing our NHS unnecessarily, but you get to wear a camo print ex-army tent so that's ok. :rolleyes:

The charming ladies from the ad-campaign. Notice how the whole thing is done in a defiant tone like they're somehow challenging a noble cause, let's all be fat and unhealthy together because we're women and nobody is going to tell us what to do, least of all men, ad nauseam.

The whole thing reeks of denial, they refer to themselves as "plus size", yes let's use a soft innocuous sounding term for morbid obesity, which they blatantly are when you see one of the few body-shots, which is interesting in itself because the video comprises mostly head-shots, again trying to mislead and disguise the whole issue, obviously if you have a pretty face you are healthy as can be.

Classic quote from the video "wear what you want, style doesn't have a size", should be translated to "eat what you want, self-discipline doesn't matter". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure I agree. Yes fat is bad. But it doesn't mean you can't have clothes advertised to you. They've got to get clothes from somewhere? I'm not sure ostracising fat people from society is going to solve the problem.

Anorexic is bad but fashion has been advertising using the dangerously thin t advertise clothes for decades.

If you want to jump on a bandwagon try targeting the problem (high calory foods, poor activity levels) - not the after effects.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So you'd rather overweight people walked around naked? I see no where in that advert that's saying being overweight is ok but it exists therefore will be marketed towards.

Soldato
While i agree that obesity shouldn't get a free pass and we should treat it as a negative rather than encourage people to feel fine with it, i think you got this specific example wrong.

This post is not to promote obesity but obviously just to target fat people looking to buy clothes for them. It is a market which has plenty of customers but is not openly advertised or targeted much by comparison. Women always complain about clothes not fitting as the models wear them, well here are ones that ill if you are that fat.

Dont get offended by fat ads, you'll seem just as overly sensitive as those you hate.

Soldato
'Curve Range'

Curvy being a nice soft title for fat people, as if the more active/less greedy among us have no curves. Fat is fat and fat is bad.

I agree there should never be a lack of stigma for being fat, it's not how we are supposed to be.

Soldato
'Curve Range'

Yeah I agree - the aerobics class I go to is packed with curves... but not the kind depicted in that photo :eek:

I guess from a business perspective - people are getting bigger, there's a growing market for big clothes, so people who want to make money will re-brand it to something nice, in an attempt to remove the embarrassment of having to order XXXXXXL clothes.

Back
Top Bottom